Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Music career resume

Music career resume

Oct/Wed/2017 | Uncategorized

Resume Writing Tips for a Music …

Music career resume

Order Your Own Writing Help Now -
Home Page - Career Resumes

ansys homework MENG 421 Assignment 4. Ansys Axisymmetric Cylinder. In Lesson 2 you found the deflection and stress in a cylindrical body by using the Ansys Pipe16 element. For today's lesson you will find the deflection and stress in a cylindrical body by another method. You will use the Ansys Plane42 element in axisymmetric mode. With this method you define a planar shape that is revolved about the y axis. You can make many shapes in this way. For example, a rectangle generates a cylinder when rotated about the left edge, and a pipe if the music career resume axis is offset to the left. A trapezoidal shape can produce a conical nozzle. Learn more from the Ansys help files by searching for plane42 and also axisymmetric . You will also learn more about the Ansys NGEN and EGEN commands for essays, creating a set of elements and you will create a two-dimensional section that Ansys rotates about the Y-axis to generate the cylinder. You will use the 2D, 4-node Ansys element PLANE42 with the axisymmetric option. Since you only define a two-dimensional array of elements, the Ansys plot only shows the career 2D cross-section of half the cylinder.

The cylinder is deformed by loading the top surface is the while the bottom surface is constrained. Today's lesson is in essays, two parts. First you will use a short file Cylind1a.a to create just the 2D array in music career resume, stages by adding keyboard commands. Then you will change to the complete file Cylind1.a to solve the problem. For both files, you will make changes with editor before running Ansys. For the complete second file, copy the output data to the end of the Ansys file, and print out both the Ansys file and graphic shown above. Before going any further, do the four things you learned in Assignment 2 : check the obama care essays screen resolution , check the music size of your stored files , clear the Recycle Bin , and clear the Temp folder. Copy the two files: cylind1.a and essay about 911 cylind1a.a from class files page as you have done before.

Editing the first Ansys file cylind1a.a. Open an editor with the shorter file cylind1a.a Put your name and date on the /TITLE line as usual. Resume. Go to the variable elax (number of axial elements) and change the value to 6 Go to the variable elra (number of radial elements) and change the value to 2 Notice that the of monte cristo theme next to last line is which defines the first quadrilateral element in career resume, the preprocessor section. Don't close the editor, we'll use it in the next step. Editing the second Ansys file cylind1.a. Essay About 911. Open a second editor for the longer file cylind1.a Go back to the first editor and drag through the entire TITLE line with your name, to highlight it Type Ctrl-C to copy the line Click to remove the highlight Move to the second editor and drag through the entire TITLE line to highlight it Type Ctrl-V to music career resume, paste the new TITLE line. Click to remove the highlight Make two more changes to the file as you did for the other one: Go to the variable elax (number of axial elements) and change the value to 6 Go to the variable elra (number of radial elements) and change the value to 2 Don't close the editor for cylind1.a, the complete problem, since you will put the Ansys results at the end. Running cylind1a.a with Ansys.

In this section you will run the essays school shootings short file with Ansys in career resume, batch mode to what size for college essays, create the first element. Then you will type two Ansys EGEN commands to create the music career remaining elements. Start Ansys. Click the Ansys File menu at the upper left and pick Read Input from . The Read File dialog box should show C:WINDOWSTemp since that is where you set the workspace previously. (If another location is shown instead, Ansys is not set correctly. Optional Essay Questions. Then reset Ansys to C:WINDOWSTemp as you learned in Assignment 2 .) But, of course, your Ansys files are not stored in C:WINDOWSTemp. Steer Ansys to the location to your files at career resume, U:winAnsys. Drop down the font size Drive list and pick U Double-click the win folder Double-click the Ansys folder Highlight your Cylind1a.a file by left clicking. Click OK to start running the short program Your figure should look like this showing the first element (1, 11, 12, 2). Check for music career resume, the correct node numbers. Check that your name, the date, and the title appear on the figure. Shift the figure to the left and reduce the size with the essays Pan-Zoom-Rotate tool you used in music, Lesson 3 and 4. Create a column of elements by typing the element generation command shown below Find the Ansys command line at the upper-left side with the heading Click in the box just below this line and tufts questions type the music career following As you know, this command creates elax (6) total elements using the previous element (-1) as a pattern and increments the node numbers by 1. Press Enter to complete the command.

Use the Pan-Zoom-Rotate tool to make all the elements visible. Alternately click the small dot and what font the down arrow. Your figure should look like this showing six vertical elements. Create the remaining elements by typing a second EGEN command Click the command line box again and type the following This command copies the previous elax (6) elements to create elra (2) columns of elements and increments the node numbers by 10. Press Enter to complete the command. Your figure should look like this showing the 12 elements.

Close the Pan-Zoom tool. You are now finished with this file Click the File menu and music pick Clear Start New so you can run the next batch file. In this section you will run your edited Cylind1 file with Ansys. This will create the what font size for college essays complete figure and calculate the deflections of the nodes. Be sure you have cleared Ansys in the previous section. Click the File menu and pick Read Input from . Career. Highlight your Cylind1.a file by essay questions left clicking. Click OK to start running your program. The cylinder should appear in the Graphics window. The background is black because of the /COLOR,PBAK,off command. Music. Click Close when the calculations are done.

Check that your name, date, and title appear on the figure. If not, go back to the editor, put your name and date on the /TITLE line of the Ansys source program, and save the file. Run Ansys again by first clicking File and then Clear Start New . Essays Shootings. Reduce the figure size and slide it over the title In the Utility Menu click PlotCtrls and pick Pan, Zoom, Rotate . Click for full tool. Notice that both the original and deformed shapes are shown. Move to the middle part of the menu, shown on music career, the right, and pick the school shootings smaller dot to music resume, zoom out so all of the figure shows. Pick the left arrow to move the figure over your title. Essay About 911. Don't change the orientation with the Iso or Obliq buttons. Your figure should look like the one on the right. this. Capture your figure with LView as you did in Assignment 3. Make the music career usual changes with the Photoeditor (reverse, gray scale, transparent), then print it.

Animate the figure with the following steps. Pick the PlotCtrls menu Click Animate, then pick Deformed Shape Pick Def + undeformed and click OK. The animation appears in a Media Player window with a separate control window. Stop the animation if moving, and drag the slider bar back and forth to control the animation. Essays School. To see a 560KB animation of the deformation: ?Click here . Microsoft Internet Explorer opens Media Player with full controls. Make a 3/4 oblique view of the complete cylinder and animate it.

Pick the PlotCtrls menu Move to Style Move right to Symmetry Expansion and music resume click 2D AxiSymmetric Pick 3/4 expansion Open the Pan-Zoom-Rotate tool Pick the Obliq button Your figure should look like this Pick the PlotCtrls menu Click Animate, then pick Deformed Shape Pick Def + undeformed and click OK. The animation appears in a Media Player window with a separate control window. Stop the animation if moving, and resume hotel drag the slider bar back and music career resume forth to control the animation. Pasting the deflection data to your Ansys File. In this section you will copy the calculated deflections to your Ansys file and then print it.

In the left pane of school shootings Explorer left-click U:Ansys to see the Ansys output file. The first part of the output appears on the Ansys Output Window. We aren't interested in this part unless there are error messages. Music. The displacements and forces are in the file Displ.txt because the line: appears in the Ansys source code (Cylind1.a) Make sure that editor is open with your Cylind1.a file. Double-click the file Displ.txt so another copy of Notepad can edit it. Count Of Monte Cristo Essay. Look through the file to find the displacement with the heading Drag through the displacement data and music career press Ctrl-C to copy to the clipboard. Switch to the editor that has your Ansys file and scroll to the bottom. Drag through the essay original output to highlight it and press the Del key. Press Ctrl-V to paste the new displacement data. Check that the results are close to the exact value.

Make changes if necessary and rerun Ansys. Send your file to the printer. Using a word processor, make a cover sheet describing what you did. Solve the problem exactly with a 20kip point load (Displacement = PL/(AE)) and compare with the music resume Ansys solution, giving the percent error. Include a discussion of the axisymmetric method.

Attach the Ansys code with displacement at essays school, the bottom and include the graphics figure with your name and career date. Turn in tufts optional essay questions, the package before 4:30 PM Tuesday. Before logging out check the size of resume your saved files. Last revised: February 13, 2004 -- Copyright ? 1997-2004 ARMiller.

Buy Essay Papers Here -

No homework tonight, or ever, for these kids. Why? They negotiated a plan with their children’s school, which legally exempts their children from career resume, having homework, ever. The Milleys, both lawyers from questions, Canada, grew tired of the nightly fight over music career resume, homework. Essay About 911! Rather than blindly enforce the school’s agenda, they did some homework of their own. Resume! What they found out was surprising. Many of the studies they read failed to prove any decisive link between homework and school performance, especially for younger children. ( This article, from resume hotel, 2007, about how the amount of homework kids should get, touches on music career, this topic.) So they drew up something called the essay about 911 Milleys ‘ Differentiated Homework Plan: “The two-page plan, signed by music career resume the children, parents and font, teachers, stipulates that “homework will not be used as a form of evaluation for the children”. In return, the pupils promise to get their work done in class, to come to school prepared, and to revise for music resume tests.

They must also read daily and practise their musical instruments at home.” While I’m not sure I would ever have the conviction, or the stamina, of these parents when it comes to insinuating my personal agenda on my children’s public school, seems like you might as well homeschool, I can definitely relate to the sentiment. Esther used to cry and yell every night about having to do worksheets, the same worksheets she did all day, when she was in first grade. I struggled with forcing her because deep down I was always thinking, “this kid (she was six) is already spent from essay about 911, a full day of school, is it really necessary to bring this stuff home?” What do you think about this?

Does it smack of helicopter parenting or just parents exerting their right to oversee their children’s education? How do you feel about grade- school kids getting homework? Do you battle with your kid about it? I have a friend in Utah who tells me her Kindergartner is bringing homework home. I was stunned. Thoughts? For another take on resume, this topic, click here. Betsy Shaw describes herself as the essay about 911 world's most reluctant housewife. She was surprised to learn that vacuuming in France, where.

I’m in the middle on this issue, I think. Music! It’s one of the things I’m not looking forward to when our daughter starts “real” school here in France. (She’s in essays, Maternelle now, so no homework yet.) The french school system is well known for music career sending oodles and count of monte, oodles of homework home with the kids starting at the most primary grades. I fail to see the justification for music resume this, as just about tufts essay every serious study I’ve ever read shows no correlation between smarter kids, better grades… and the amount of homework they do. We’ll cross this bridge when we come to it (soon), but I’m leaning more on the side of less homework is better. Kids need time to resume, be kids, especially when they’re younger… and I think “play time” after school is a much better stimulation for cristo theme essay young brains then sitting unnaturally with a pencil (go forbide they use a pen, right?) and paper writing out and doing the same drudgery they’ve been already doing all day long. I can’t imagine our French school teachers are going to like me much when I shrug my shoulders and tell them “meh” when they continually ask why she hasn’t completed her homework.

Perhaps she’ll fail a grade or two or three? Hmmm.. Hasn’t studies also shown that children learn best when their parents are involved in their education? Somehow I would think that this is the point of homework – get the parents involved in their child’s education. Many parents refuse to be involved, putting the music career resume sole responsibility on the schools. Tufts Optional Questions! This is not fair to the teachers or the parents who must work together to help children succeed. My son has had homework since kindergarten. Resume! He is now in 2nd grade. This year I actually feel like its less of a deal than the first two years because we only get one worksheet per night (and 20 minutes of reading).

I do like being involved by helping him with his homework. And I get to see what he is working on. That said, I think excessive homework doesn’t help. But a little bit is fine by essays me. I agree that some homework is far from detrimental for kids. My son is only in PreK this year but a few times a week he brings home a worksheet where he has to trace a letter, then do two rows of the music resume letter on his own. Care! It only takes about ten to fifteen minutes and I find it allows me to see how he’s progressing with his motor skills. Music Career! I certainly don’t agree with excessive amounts of homework, but as kids get older I think it teaches them responsibility and time management skills.

They should be figuring out how much time the homework will take them and adjust their play time accordingly. I’d hate to count cristo theme essay, think that those kids refusing to music career resume, do their homework are wanting to resume hotel, just watch tv instead. I think that a moderate amount of music resume, homework is Ok but my 4th grader has “an hour of essays school, homwork” evry night, but sometimes admittidly it is more than that. Her teacher ven said that she doesn’t like giving an hour of career resume, homework a night but she has to because it is a district policy . Optional Essay Questions! . .I have an opinino on career, that but that would be off track . Resume Samples Hotel! . Music Career! . anyway the bad thing is by the time my daughter comes home from count cristo theme essay, school she is tired adn has no more focus. To get the homework done in the reasonable time frame is career resume, tough becuse she has been in what size for college, school all day and is ready to be done for resume the day– her school changes classes for all theri subjects to get them ready for junior high. So I think theu could give kids enrichment work or something, and require reading each night but an hour a night is a lot.

Just some thoughts and insight for those interested. My son is in K-4. And he has homework almost every night. It takes him a whole of of monte, 5 minutes to do it. Music Resume! And he likes to do it so far. I think it just prepares him for later in school when he’ll have homework that will actually count, so to speak. He isn’t neccessariliy graded now.

It’s a done or not done type of system. My son is in PRESCHOOL and has homework EVERYNIGHT. I can’t stand it. School Shootings! He has mental breakdowns about going to school because of it. Career Resume! I have actually kept him out of essay about 911, school just so that he could calm down and I stopped having him do the homework.

I could care less about the schools test scores. Career Resume! My son’s mental health is what font for college, more important then that. All of this is making me think more and more about home schooling. I want to send my kids to school for the socialization though. I just worry because when I was in college the career education majors where people that were undecided and optional, funneled into being teachers. Music Resume! Unfortunately the truly intelligent and compassionate people that were dedicated to shaping young minds were very few. To hear that a preschool is tufts essay, giving homework is truly amazing. I would find a different preschool that is developmentally appropriate. My principal used to say “There is resume, too much school in essays school, the lives of young children” when talking about homework. Music Career Resume! He believed that children should run outside, do crafts, play with their neighbors and generally get away from school once they are home. Resume Samples Hotel! I have to career, agree!

Young children learn through play..let’s give them a chance to do just that! My twin first graders go to a public charter school that believes in those studies that homework doesn’t help. At the school, homework is essays school shootings, very limited, especially in music resume, the early grades. School Shootings! Heck, they don’t even do traditional grades (A,B,C’s etc). The focus is during the day AT SCHOOL, with the lessons integrated into all aspects of the day and a top notch math program. They get to music career, go home at the end of the school day and BE KIDS. And, low and behold, the API scores are very high and get even higher every year, many awards, and all around you see happy kids.

It just makes sense and I wish more school got with the essays program. Kindergarten has homework but is more, cut out pics from a magazine that start with the letter of the day. My son is in resume, K-4 and has “homework” around 3 times a week. He doesn’t actually have to turn it in, it is practicing writing letters, numbers, or how putting 2 letters together sound (la, ba, etc.). I have noticed most of the things that is sent home for him, he knows but just chose to optional essay, not do that day, which his teacher has also noticed. She also says (and I agree) a little extra practice is good. I believe the more involved parents are in their childs education the better. When I do my homework, my son wants to sit down and do his to…he is learning how to resume, be responsible by both watching me and hotel, having something to take pride in, his work. I am an elementary teacher, and resume, I strongly believe that giving worksheets for homework is a waste of time and “busy work.” Read, Read, and essays, Read some more….. that’s usually my homework. First grade homework was a nightmare for my godson (and me–I usually had him after school 2-3 days a week). It was just too much, sometimes dozens of math problems that he could do but just took way too much time.

And spelling and music career, reading, which he had a lot of trouble with until recently. Optional Essay! Oh, and the teacher claimed the homework should only take 20 minutes, which was absurd. But in 2nd grade, he has a consistent and reasonable amount of homework every night and he is learning much better and liking school again–of course it helps that his teacher is much nicer and more patient. So I think a small amount of homework is ok in early grades so parents can help teach and music career resume, know what is going on, but larger amounts are frustrating and essays, can be a detriment to learning. One thing has really been bothering me since I first read this. While I have no idea of how old the career kids are, I am wondering exactly what the parents are teaching them…how to not do your work?

How to essays, worm your way out of responsibility? I also wonder how involved they are with their kids. To me it sounds like they would rather not bother with the “difficult” part of parenting, that may be harsh since this is only about homework, but they went to extremes to not have to enforce some nightly rules in music career, their home. It is sad if that is the way parents are these days. Henri: funny you should mention the French school system. We have the great fortune, in what font, many ways, of having a Swedish teacher at Esther’s school. She doesn’t believe in giving too much out- of- school work and seems very in tune to the effect of long days on little kids brains and psyches. I think some of the parents here think she is too soft, but we love her. #128578; As a teacher, I realize most homework is pointless.

The smart kids learn it all in music career, class and they do well on school shootings, their homework and remember to bring it in. The dumb kids do poorly on their homework (which tells me the parents don’t help them) and they often forget to bring it back in which causes them to lose recess or do laps. The fact is some kids are underachievers because their parents don’t care so why should the kid? I’m not their mommy so what I want for them doesn’t matter, homework included. If they don’t get a respect for education at home, they won’t get it period so even ten hours of homework wouldn’t make a difference. Now for my own children’s homework, I feel it’s helpful because when I work on it with them, I can see what they understand and where they’re falling behind so I can give them extra help in career, those areas, but that’s just me.

Personally, I would never let my kids out of homework just because they doesn’t want to obama, do the work. The worst kids in class are the ones who think they should dicate their choices and music, that includes when to do work and essay about 911, who they should respect. I would never teach my kids to be selfish because I want them to music career resume, succeed in essay about 911, life. Career Resume! Again though that’s just me. I agree with evidence-based education. Our government spends money to research what REALLY WORKS in education, and resume samples hotel, then public schools don’t implement the results of this research! So FRUSTRATING. If homework doesn’t work, why waste the parents and teachers time? Do something effective with that time and energy.

One problem with trusting research is that one research will say it doesn’t help, and another will say it does. Just like “specialists”, you can always find the music career one to say what you want them to say. I’ve always thought the amount of essay about 911, homework elementary students get is total crap. My daughters are only 4 and music resume, 2 and I’m already preparing myself for a fight with their teachers about count of monte theme homework. Why would a 6 year old have homework. We need to give importance to studies. Music Career! But we should not miss out on what font size for college, other activities that can engage our kids in during their free time. Striking a right balance between them is a must for career kids in this competitive age.

Lolabean – I’m glad you are not teaching my kids. You label your students as smart and dumb, and essays, give up on those you feel “will never get it” – perhaps it is time you find a new occupation. And while sometimes it may be true a child does not acheive all they are capable of due to a distant parent, a child does not choose the family into which he or she is born. Often, a caring and career, involved teacher can make the difference to a child who has uninvolved parents. Seems to me that isn’t you. Also, you say “if they don’t get respect for education at home, they will never get it”. Do you share all the views and samples, opnions of your parents? As kids grow and resume, develop, they take in tufts essay, the views and actions of music career, society as a whole and generate their own ideas. It appears they will be absorbing the same indifference from you as they would from their parents.

I dont’ think homework helps at all. Optional Questions! I’ve read lots of studies; I’ve read books like The Case Against Homework and The Homework Myth. Music Career Resume! Kids need to run around outside, get fresh air and essay about 911, exercise. They need to have family chores, like folding laundry and music career resume, setting the what size table. How are kids going to music resume, learn these other parts of essay about 911, life when we do it for them because they have to do their homework.

If the subject can’t be learned during the day, don’t expect me to teach it at night. I probably won’t teach it the same way you would and that will just confuse my child. My son is in the third grade now and his teacher only gives spelling words once a week. Career! Occassionally, he’ll give a math sheet. This is essay about 911, working out wonderfully. Since my son doesn’t have too much to do, he has been doing everything on his own. He is taking responsibility for his own work, which is career, how it is supposed to be.

If a child doesn’t have homework until the 5th grade, are they going to be confused because they weren’t prepared by having homework in Kindergarten? No. The two points do not relate. Right on, Vicki, No. 22! I was amazed reading Lolabean’s comments. Tufts Optional Questions! Any teacher who feels like Lolabean does shouldn’t be interacting with children in any way.

And as a parent who has one child who does homework readily, and one who balks at every last little piece of it, I can assure you it has nothing to do with intellect. It has more to do with how the family chooses to resume, spend their evenings – fighting, or enjoying each other’s company. We often choose the school latter. I can’t believe a teacher just labeled kids who aren’t supported at home ‘dumb’, and went on music resume, to say that what she wants for obama essays the kids doesn’t matter. Teachers can have a huge influence on kids even if parents don’t value educational effort to the same degree. I know they did in my life.

And my brother might have been labeled ‘dumb’ by you in grade school, but it turns out music career resume he was a late bloomer for whatever reason and is now an obama care incredibly successful businessman. Probably wouldn’t be if people had given up on him. Lolabean, please reconsider your views or reconsider your career. I am a former teacher. I am not convinced that the majority of homework that I set was helpful to the children I taught. Revision of the day’s work, such as vocab for foreign language classes, was helpful but I didn’t insist on hours, preferring that the children spend 10 minutes, maybe working with a friend to learn the new words. Music Career Resume! Other stuff seemed to be time-fillers in retrospect. Hopefully I’m not repeating what someone else has already said (sorry, didn’t have time to read all the comments) but there are some school districts that have completely done away with homework based off studies that it doesn’t improve test scores they use to evaluate children’s learning–how crazy is that. My son is in essay about 911, Kindergarten from 9:15-3:45…that’s a long day!

Kids need time to music resume, just be kids. Too much and they’ll end up dreading school at school shootings, a very young age. Music Career Resume! He has little projects from time to what size for college, time, but nothing too elaborate. And we read to our kids A LOT, I think that’s enough for now. My 4year old has homework every night, takes an resume hour max to finish.

And just in now is a semi-thick work book made to hotel, greet us a Merry Christmas doing homework over the holidays. Whatever happened to unstructured learning during break! So I fake a smile and career resume, pretend I’m psyched to do it so my preschooler would be too. Essay About 911! Yeah probably I’ll appreciate it…eventually. posted October 1, 2017, 6:00 am. posted September 30, 2017, 5:01 am.

posted September 26, 2017, 10:15 am. posted September 14, 2017, 1:41 pm. Get weekly e-mails with development articles, parenting news, and more! posted September 8, 2008, 6:44 pm. posted August 4, 2008, 9:00 am. posted April 15, 2008, 10:48 am.

posted May 2, 2008, 10:13 am. Laura shares kids’ activities, recipes, knitting patterns, and tips for surviving 17-hr road trips on. Claudia Boyd-Barrett is a long-time journalist based in southern California. She writes regularly for the. Michelle Stein is a journalist who lives in music career resume, the Midwest with her husband, three kids.

Joyce Slaton is a Child Passenger Safety Technician and can be found on Twitter. posted October 4, 2017, 11:24 am. posted October 4, 2017, 6:27 am. posted October 4, 2017, 6:03 am. posted October 2, 2017, 8:33 am. posted October 3, 2017, 10:11 pm. posted October 3, 2017, 6:08 pm. posted October 3, 2017, 10:23 am. posted October 3, 2017, 7:15 am.

posted October 4, 2017, 1:43 pm. posted October 3, 2017, 2:30 pm. posted October 3, 2017, 8:28 am. posted October 3, 2017, 8:02 am. posted October 4, 2017, 11:08 am. posted October 4, 2017, 6:47 am. posted October 2, 2017, 6:00 am. posted September 29, 2017, 8:24 am.

This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other healthcare professional. Please review the Terms of Use before using this site. Your use of the site indicates your agreement to be bound by the Terms of Use.

Buy Essay Online Cheap -

resume or vita This page was created by Professor Frank Pajares. So you want to create a professional vita. Since you are in career resume need of essay about 911 such a document, I will take the risk of music assuming that you are relatively new what some like to call the academy. You are likely a doctoral student at some stage of your academic journey. Perhaps you are just starting your program and you realize, wisely may I say, that if you create this animal now you'll not need to theme essay, scour your long-term memory several years from now to recover just what it was you did during this now lost time and when precisely it was that you did it. Perhaps you are at the end of your program, failed to create the animal early on, and music career, now find yourself preparing your credentials so as to be short-listed by every search committee fortunate enough to receive your application packet.

Perhaps you are at some stage in essays between, which makes you wiser than our poor procrastinator but sadder than our wiser early bird. In any case, let me first welcome you to our world of music academe. Depending on the world from which you have come, you will discover that in our world we view both the creation and substance of our self-presentations quite differently from the count of monte theme manner in which you may have viewed them in music career your previous life. You will need to rearrange some of your mental furniture. Let's deal with some things up front. First the name of the optional questions animal. Academicians like to call a vita what the rest of the civilized world refers to as a resumé . Vita , from the Latin for life, actually means a biographical sketch, so an academic resumé is often more accurately referred to as a curriculum vitae (or cv ), which Webster defines as a short account of one's career and qualifications prepared typically by an applicant for music resume, a position. Count! The word vitae is the plural of vita (although those of us inclined to music career, decline vita [get it, get it?? ] know that, in curriculum vitae , the samples vitae is not a plural). Vitae is the genitive, or possessive, form, the music translation being the course of life . The genitive and school, plural forms are identical in this case, and it makes no sense to use the music term vitae either as a plural or in the genitive case to refer to an academic resumé. I like vita because it's the essay about 911 correct term to use in this context, because nobody really cares what it's called, and because it's one letter shorter.

Academicians may indeed believe that brevity is the soul of wit , but they do not believe it is the soul of the credentials they present to each other. In your previous world, you learned that a good resumé should consist of music one page (two at the most, and then only front/back of one sheet of paper). After all, employers are busy people who shouldn't have to rifle through multiple pages to get at the essential information they seek. Not so in academia, where when it comes to the account of your professional experiences, less is little and more is theme best. Albert Einstein once said that not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. That's nice.

Just remember that, in academia, everything can be counted and everything counts. So let's create a vita. Resume! Before we begin, however, let's deal with mundane details. What font should you use? Can it be on resume hotel chartreuse paper if that's your favorite color? Where should you number the pages? What margins should you set? Here are some guidelines. You can't go wrong with Times New Roman . Everyone likes Times New Roman, especially reviewers, copy-editors, and professors.

Courier is functional but ugly. Music Resume! Arial and Helvetica hurt people's eyes. Comic sans looks like you're writing the credits for a Simpsons episode. And remember, Times New Roman , not Times. Early in tufts essay questions your career, a 12-point font will give you the length required without making it obvious that you're going for girth. After a few publications and music, a few service experiences, 11-point is a better choice. 1-inch margins all around. Page numbering at the bottom works just fine. Some like the top-right hand corner with a running head of their last name on each page. Some like a footer with the name and page number.

Nobody really pays attention to this. Just be sure to number the essays school pages. And use the same font type and music resume, size for the page number, header or footer, and document text. White paper only hotel, . It should be of reasonable quality, but no need to music resume, go out and essay about 911, buy an expensive bond of heavy weight. Borrow some copier paper from your department office. It will do just fine. If possible, print the career resume original copy of your vita using a laser printer . You want your text to be crisp and essays school shootings, sharp. And since you want the career text crisp and sharp, take care that the photocopies are crisp and sharp . Obama Care Essays! If your department has a poor quality copier, or if it has a great copier but won't let you use it, invest a few dollars and go to your local copy center. But don't make too many copies at any one time . Make just enough copies to meet your needs at the time. Keep in mind that you will be frequently updating your vita.

It will also need to music resume, be adapted to what, meet your objectives at any particular time. A little more on this point at the bottom of music career resume this page. Staple your vita on the top left-hand corner. If your copy machine will do it for you, all the better. Paperclips are cumbersome and easily come undone. Essays Shootings! Those little black clip-on thingies are bulky , especially when it comes to mailing your vita. Career Resume! No fancy cover page. In fact, no cover page . The first page of your vita should be the what size first page of your vita.

Although you can't read the text, here is a nice first page. Music Career Resume! Notice that, since the author could not begin a new section following PUBLICATIONS, he simply left the font size extra space at the bottom of the music resume page blank. And it works fine. A first page with the most essential information#151;contact information, education, and essays, publications. He must have had a fine adviser. As you prepare to begin page 1 of career resume your vita, you realize that you need to make decisions regarding what to include and how to include it. Tufts Optional Questions! First, you will need to decide what categories to music, use, the order in which to use them, and what information to include (and, just as important, what information to resume, leave out). As regards categories, I suggest the following in the following order. After each, I provide an resume, example drawn from actual vitae (that have had excellent success!).

The examples are .gif files, so the resume text will not be perfectly sharp (yours, on career resume the other hand, should be crisp and clear). If you are using a slow modem, be patient, as the graphics may take a bit to load. At the end of this page, I offer links to a couple of complete doctoral student vitaes that you may view or download. Name . Right at the top, nicely centered and in bold. Perhaps even a couple of font points larger than the tufts optional essay questions document text. I think it looks nice to put Vita to the left of the page and the current term and year on the right. Lets people know you're keeping up with yourself. Contact Information . Professional contact information on the left (address, office telephone, fax, email); home contact information on the right (address, home telephone). If you have a home page on the Internet, be sure to include the URL. If you choose not to provide your home contact information (I don't), you may prefer to put address on the right and tel/fax/email on the left. In any case, be sure your vita clearly tells readers how to best contact you should they wish to.

Here are samples of each. This one with the music career home address and personal contact information. And this one without the font essays home address. Note, nonetheless, that the home phone number is included. Again, that is up to career, you. Essay About 911! I don't even like the phone company having my home phone number.

Education . List your degrees, the universities that were wise enough to grant them to you, and the year you obtained them. Include your academic major(s) and major areas of study. If you graduated with honors or Phi Beta Kappa, include this information. If you've not yet graduated, state your status and resume, expected date of graduation. Tufts Optional! If you are this far into the game, include the title of career your dissertation and your committee chair. Don't outline. Simply include the information in a nice tight paragraph. Most recent degrees first. Publications . Search committees at research universities are strongly interested in a candidate's publications. Consequently, this section should follow the Education section.

If you are just starting out, place all your publications in one section#151;refereed articles, nonrefereed articles, chapters, book reviews. Optional Essay! As your publications accumulate , this section will need subsections such as refereed publications, chapters in edited books, monographs and research bulletins, and the like. Career Resume! List publications in order of recency, with most recent publications first. Don't worry about alphabetical disorder#151;readers are most interested in tufts optional questions what you've done for them lately. And here is a critical point: present the publications using the format provided by your discipline's Publication Manual . In social science, we use the guidelines of the American Psychological Association [used in education, psychology, most social sciences, most sciences, medicine]. Consequently, all our publications and presentations should be written consistent with APA guidelines. Resume! If you fall under the auspices of the Modern Language Association (MLA) [used in the humanities, English, foreign language studies] or The Chicago Manual of Style [used in essay about 911 history, anthropology], or perhaps you need to use the American Sociological Association Style Guide.

And take care to follow their guidelines. Music Career Resume! There should be few things more professionally embarrassing to you than revealing your ignorance of count cristo theme essay your discipline's publication guidelines right on your vita. Presentations . You've presented papers, posters, or round-tables at various regional and national conferences. Resume! List them here, again in what font for college order of recency, with most recent presentations first. Perhaps you've done invited talks at professional meetings or have been asked to music career resume, be a chair or discussant of a particular session. If so, these should be included. Essays! Again, take care to follow your discipline's referencing format. Additional Research Experience . If you think through your doctoral experience, you will no doubt have taken part in various research projects. List them here. Include official titles, names of music resume principal investigators, your actual duties and responsibilities, dates. Order of recency again.

Honors and obama care, Awards . This section may be a bit sparce at first, but, as will your publications, it will grow. If you received research funds or fellowship funds, include the amount (unless the figure is rather low, in which case who needs to know?). Think back to your Masters and music career, Bachelors programs#151;you got stuff. We all get stuff. Resume! We love stuff. Put the stuff down. Professional Development . Not only have you gotten stuff, you've done stuff, you belong to stuff, and you know stuff.

Include in this section your professional affiliations, service that you have provided your department or university, continuing education coursework you've taken. Resume! Think back to all those wonderful committees you've suffered . I mean, served on. Essay About 911! Perhaps you have reviewed manuscripts for journals or conference proposals for professional organizations, in which case be sure to include this information. You may want also to resume, include proficiency in statistical or other software programs that a prospective employer may value. College Teaching Experience . As part of your doctoral program you've no doubt been provided with the opportunity to teach. At the very least you've TA'd for one of obama care your professors.

Perhaps you've been able to teach your own class. If you've guest lectured in someone else's class, you could put this here as well. Of course, if you've done this often, it would better go in its own section. Previous Work Experience . You had a life before you came to academia. Remember? Here's your chance to tell prospective departments what you've done before. Be judicious as to what to include in this section and to how much information to provide. If you were a classroom teacher, provide the name of the school, courses or levels taught, and any additional duties you undertook.

Be brief. There is no need to include the numerous part-time jobs that got you through college, or the pizza deliveryt job you had throughout high school. Music Career Resume! Ask yourself, what does my prospective employer need to know about me. References . Obama Essays! This should be the last section of your vita. Provide at least three referees, but, again, more is more. You never know who knows whom, and it's wise to give readers as many names as possible to contact. Perhaps one of your referees is a long-time acquaintance of a search committee member. Resume! Who can predict these things?

Be sure to include the essays school shootings referee's title, mail address, office phone number, and email address. It goes without saying that you should seek permission from career referees before including their names on what for college your vita. Here are some closing thoughts. A vita is your face to a crowd who can't see or hear your face. It speaks for you and about you. How it looks and feels says something about you and about your professional habits. If it has numerous errors, omissions, and typos, it says that you are careless, inattentive to detail, and career, have little regard for the audience who is taking the time to examine it (and you), to optional essay, whatever end.

Think about this for a moment: When you apply for your first position, the search committee who receives your application packet may receive over 200 application packets similar to yours. They will put all your stuff in a little folder and will place that folder in a big file-drawer filled with similar folders each filled with all the music stuff from obama essays other candidates eager to career resume, beat you out for that position. Essay! At some point, tired committee members will begin the career resume process of examining each and every folder. Samples Hotel! You will be at home sipping a gin and tonic, certain that you will be short-listed. You will not be inside your folder. All that will be there are pieces of paper. They'd best be good pieces of paper. A vita should be adapted and tailored to meet your objective. For example, if you will be applying to a teaching college, it's wise to put the teaching sections first, and you may even want to music, include information about your teaching experience that you would not include if you were applying to a research university. Similarly, if you've worked hard and tufts optional essay, garnered many awards and recognitions for your labors, you may want to move that section a leeetle tiny bit closer to the front. Fluff, filler, and padding will add girth to your vita, but they will substract class.

Respect both the integrity and career resume, the shrewdness of your audience. A search committee can spot a padded vita immediately. Samples! Moreover, it makes you look silly and music career, desperate. What! More is indeed more, but you shouldn't be trying to make much ado about very little. There are many types of effective vitaes. And you have a personality. Music Career! Tailor your vita to your personality.

Ask your Chair and other members of your department to see their vitaes. Who knows, perhaps one of them is on chartreuse paper. There are no set rules or standards in this endeavor, and, as Alexander Dumas said, all generalizations are dangerous, even this one. Or at least they should be. Stay real. What Font Size Essays! I had a professor who was overly fond of the injunction that this or that activity would be a good resumé builder. That got on resume my nerves as a student. As a professor, I find it deplorable that anyone should engage in font an activity because the activity is a good resumé builder. Because, as some are prone to say, it looks good on career resume your vita. Of course some things look nice on a vita.

Fine. Obama Care! What if you hated doing those things but your prospective employer expects you to do more of them? Follow your muse and music career, your interests. What a prospective employer sees should be what a prospective employer gets. And that should be the real you. Let others worry about count essay, building their resumés. You worry about music career, building your character and your life through your interests and your strengths. And . dare I use such an abused word . through your passions. Revisit your vita often! Given enough time, it's easy to forget what you've done and when. Well, I hope this was helpful.

All that remains is for me to provide you with samples of vitaes that are good exemplars and with links to sites on the web that provide information about creating academic vitaes. Essays School! First the sample vitaes. For those of you who have reached this page but who are not graduate students in Education, please note that the resume following vitaes are from school graduate students in career resume education. All are PDF files. If you do not have it, click here to download the essay about 911 free Acrobat PDF Reader. It may be helpful also for you to have a look at the vitaes of music career some established scholars. Here are some links to vitaes available on-line (from some pretty hefty names).

In some cases, the essay about 911 scholar has placed the resume vita on-line as an html document, which means that you shouldn't pay attention to count cristo, the format of the vita. It's difficult to format an music resume, html document in the same way you will format your own vita. The more important thing to pay attention to in these vitaes are the categories that the scholars have created and what they typically include in these categories. Of course, these are all similar to what your own vita will look like in just a couple of years. Prof. Essay About 911! Tim Urdan, Santa Clara University (PDF file) Prof. Music! Robert Sternberg, Yale University (html file and Word document)

Prof. Gary Natriello, Teachers College, Columbia University (html file) And last but not least, here are a few sites on the Web that provide information on creating a vita. Please keep in mind that any advice offered at these sites that conflicts with mine clearly must be misguided.

Write my Paper for Cheap in High Quality -
Music Resume Sample | Resume Genius

35+ Creative Ways to music List Job Skills on Your Resume. Optional Questions! The competitive climate of the job market has reached a fever pitch in recent years. College degrees are almost as commonplace as high school diplomas, and the pool of candidates for any given career is far-reaching. To stand out in such an environment, job seekers need to resume focus on accentuating their experiences and backgrounds on hotel their resumes. A degree from a prestigious university or an music career resume, impressive roster of past employers can certainly make a good impression on hiring managers, but the real test of a candidate#39;s fit is how well the person#39;s skills align with the position in question. Wendi Weiner, a certified professional resume writer and optional essay founder of The Writing Guru, noted that a job candidate#39;s skills and relevant knowledge are substantiated by the keywords they choose to use. Industry-specific core skills will enable a job candidate to successfully pass through an applicant tracking system (ATS), which is utilized by [the majority] of music resume, companies today to obtain the right candidates, Weiner said. While it#39;s good to have a well-rounded skills section, it#39;s not enough to simply list a string of phrases. Josh Ridgeway, director of what font size, MSP delivery for staffing agency Kavaliro, reminded job seekers that hiring managers want to music career resume see concrete examples of those skills in resume samples hotel, action. [See Related Story: Meaningless Words to resume Delete from Your Resume ] In resumes, you see a skills summary, [which includes] problem solving, excellent customer service, attention to detail, etc., Ridgeway told Business News Daily. Optional Questions! However, oftentimes, we don#39;t see an career resume, explanation of school shootings, those skills.

If you have #39;problem solving#39; and #39;critical thinking#39; in your resume, you should tie those skills into your explanation of job duties and career resume how those specific skills played an important part. The challenge is greater for those who have been laid off or who have been out of work for an extended period of time. For these professionals, the task of proving that their skills are relevant can be a little more difficult than it is for other job seekers. Ford R. Myers, a career coach, speaker and author of the book, Get The Job You Want, Even When No One#39;s Hiring (John Wiley Sons, 2009), advised considering transferable skills that you#39;ve gained from obama care, paid and unpaid past experiences. Transferable skills acquired during any activity volunteer positions, classes, projects, parenting, hobbies, sports can be applicable to one#39;s next job, Myers said. By adding transferable skills to a resume, employers get a better understanding and broader picture of who they are hiring, as well as the career resume interests, values and experiences that the candidate brings to the table.

Based on tufts optional essay questions the advice of our expert sources, here are a few broad categories of skills your resume could include, along with unique ways to resume express them. Jobs require teamwork. There will be constant back-and-forth exchanges with co-workers, and what size essays discussing and sharing ideas with supervisors. Employers will want to music know the size for college essays level ofcommunication skills you have and how well you work with others. The specific required skills will vary based on your position. A sales representative, for instance, would need to highlight customer service and relationship-building experience. On your resume: writes clearly and concisely; listens attentively; openly expresses ideas, negotiates/resolves differences; provides and asks for feedback; offers well-thought-out solutions; cooperates and works well with others; thrives in a collaborative environment.

If the job you want involves working on research projects and companywide campaigns, you#39;re going to want to show off your top-notch planning abilities. Organization skills may sound like a trite, overused filler term, but those skills are the music career resume ones that will help you succeed. Show potential employers you#39;ve got what they#39;re looking for by outlining your involvement in, and results from, current and previous projects. On your resume: forecasts/predicts; identifies and gathers appropriate resources; thoroughly researches background information; develops strategies; thinks critically to solve problems; handles details; coordinates and completes tasks; manages projects effectively; meets deadlines; plans and arranges activities; multitasks; creates plans. Leadership skills can be gained in a variety of conventional and samples unconventional ways, but it#39;s not always easy to express them on a resume. Demonstrating your management abilities on paper requires you to think about music career what it is hotel, you do as a leader and how you guide your employees toward success. To give employers a better idea of music career, what you#39;ve accomplished, discuss the optional size of the team and the scope of the projects you manage.

On your resume: leads and directs others; teaches/trains/instructs; counsels/coaches; manages conflict; helps team members set and achieve goals; delegates effectively; makes and implements decisions; enforces policies; oversees projects; measures team results. Social media is one of the most ubiquitous and in-demand skills for jobs in music, a variety of fields. Essay About 911! Socially active organizations are more likely to attract top talent, drive new sales leads and better engage other employees and customers, said Amir Zonozi, chief of career resume, strategy at social engagement platform Zoomph. Therefore, when employers look for care essays new hires, they#39;re also typically looking for new internal-brand ambassadors. Zonozi noted that, for positions that directly involve work on corporate social media campaigns, hiring managers love to see concrete numbers and metrics, including Web traffic, audience reach and career resume overall engagement. Even for nonsocial-media-related positions, you can still demonstrate your experience by referencing specific networks and social media management programs you regularly use.

On your resume: manages social media campaigns; measures and analyzes campaign results; identifies and connects with industry influencers; sparks social conversation within the brand#39;s community; creates and executes content strategies; drives engagement and leads; enhances brand image through social presence. Additional reporting by Nicole Fallon Taylor and Jeanette Mulvey. Shannon Gausepohl graduated from Rowan University in what size for college, 2012 with a degree in journalism. She has worked at a newspaper and in the public relations field, and career resume is currently a staff writer at Business News Daily. Shannon is essays shootings, a zealous bookworm, has her blue belt in Brazilian jiu jitsu, and career loves her Blue Heeler mix, Tucker.

Buy Essays Online from Successful Essay -
Music Careers List | Careers in the …

Christopher Okigbo Okigbo, Christopher - Essay. Christopher Okigbo 1932–1967. (Full name Christopher Ifenayichukwu Okigbo) Nigerian poet. The following entry provides an overview of Okigbo's career. For further information on his life and works, see CLC , Volume 25. An important transitional figure between traditional and contemporary African literature, Okigbo was one of Africa's most prominent poets writing in English. Chinua Achebe stated: While other poets wrote good poems, Okigbo conjured up for us an amazing, haunting poetic firmament of music career resume, a wild and violent beauty. Care Essays. In his poems, which have been described as highly musical, Okigbo combined traditional elements of African culture with such non-African influences as Christianity and Western poetics. His work is sometimes cryptic, due in career part to his obscure allusions, but critics acknowledge him as a master poet.

Born in Ojoto, Nigeria, Okigbo graduated from the essay about 911 University of Ibadan and worked as a teacher and librarian before beginning a literary career. Okigbo explained that the turning point came in 1958, when I found myself wanting to know myself better. For Okigbo, poetry would always remain a highly personal endeavor. Thus, his interest in social and political change in Nigeria, which is an resume, integral part of essays shootings, many of his works, derived from his belief that it is impossible for the artist to examine his or her own identity in isolation. As Okigbo once stated, any writer who attempts a type of inward exploration will in fact be exploring his own society indirectly. Career Resume. His concern for social justice was perhaps best expressed in his commitment to what essays, the Biafran secession. In July 1967, at the outbreak of the Nigerian Civil War, he enlisted in the Biafran Army. He was killed in action in August 1967. During his lifetime Okigbo published only two collections of poetry: Heavensgate (1962) and Limits (1962). Music. His posthumous publications include the collection Labyrinths, with Path of Thunder (1971). Care Essays. Okigbo is perhaps best remembered for the distinct musical style and beauty of his verse.

Paul Theroux advised readers to listen to Okigbo's poetry in order to appreciate it fully, asserting that looking is confusion: what we see in the poem may be an impenetrable mystery, and there are words and music career resume phrases in Okigbo's poetry that are nearly impossible to figure out. Listening is simpler and more rewarding; there is music in [his] poetry. Okigbo's practice of infusing poetry with rhythm and song has been imitated by subsequent African writers. Sunday O. Anozie observed: Nothing can be more tragic to essays, the world of African poetry in English than the death of Christopher Okigbo, especially at a time when he was beginning to show maturity and resume coherence in his vision of art, life and society, and greater sophistication in poetic form and phraseology. Nevertheless his output, so rich and severe within so short a life, is sure to place him among the resume hotel best and the greatest of our time.

Because Okigbo used myth, ritual, and dense symbolism, critics were initially divided in their reactions to his work. Some argued that Okigbo's poems evoke humanity's quest for divinity; others viewed them as an attack on Christianity; and a few regarded them as testimonies of Okigbo's social and music resume political views, especially those poems concerning the cultural and religious alienation of Nigeria during the essay about 911 colonial period. Regarding the difficulty of understanding Okigbo's poetry, a few critics have suggested that Okigbo was more an aesthete than a poet with a message. Okigbo commented in an interview: I don't think that I have ever set out to communicate a meaning. It is enough that I try to communicate experience which I consider significant. Access our Christopher Okigbo Study Guide for Free. Heavensgate (poetry) 1962.

? Limits (poetry) 1962; published in the periodical Transition. † Poems: Four Canzones (poetry) 1968; published in music career resume the periodical Black Orpheus. Labyrinths, with Path of Thunder (poetry) 1971. Collected Poems (poetry) 1986. ?This work was published as a volume in 1964. †This work contains Song of the Forest, Debtor's Lane, Lament of the Fruits, and Lament of the Lavender Mist. Christopher Okigbo with Marjory Whitelaw (interview date March 1965) SOURCE: An interview in The Journal of Commonwealth Literature , Vol. 9, July, 1970, pp.

28-37. [ In the following excerpted interview, which originally took place in March, 1965, Okigbo discusses such topics as negritude, religion, African culture, and his own poetry .] [Whitelaw]: Christopher, do you think of yourself as an African poet? [Okigbo]: I think I am just a poet. A poet writes poetry and once the work is published it becomes public property. It's left to whoever reads it to decide whether it's African poetry or English. There isn't any such thing as a poet trying to express African-ness. Such a thing doesn't exist. A poet expresses himself. What about poets who express negritude?

Yes, but that is different because it is a particular type of poetry. It is platform poetry. It is samples hotel, platform writing. It is just like being invited to deliver a lecture on a particular subject. But it is valid as poetry when it is good, because we do in fact have this sort of thing in our own poetry in the oral tradition. The poetry of music, praise, for instance. Platform poetry. You go to a king's palace to praise him, and you build up images in praise of him. Essay About 911. That sort of poetry is valid provided it is good. In other forms of music career, poetry … the what font size essays most regular form that is written by young African poets, writing in the English language, is in fact written to express, to bring out a sense of an inner disturbance.

We are trying to cast about for words; whether the music career resume words are in Ibo or English or in of monte cristo French is in fact immaterial … We are looking for words to give verbal concreteness, to music, give verbal life to auditory and visual images … I think this is a separate form of poetry from platform poetry. It just happens that one form is written more here, among English-speaking poets, and one more among French. But the two forms are valid, and size for college essays I don't quarrel with negritude…. You say you go back to village festivals—I know you write a great deal about these . Yes, I do. Resume. And I do not feel that in fact as a Christian I have ever been uprooted from my own village gods.

We have a goddess and a god in our family, our ancestral gods. And although I do not worship these actively, in what font for college the sense of offering them periodic sacrifices, I still feel that they are the people protecting me. But the way in music which I think Christianity can be reconciled with this aspect of paganism is that I believe in fact all these gods are the same as the samples hotel Christian God—that they are different aspects of the same power, the same force. What shape do these gods take in music career resume your family? Well, we have a carved idol representing a man, and what size for college essays another carved idol representing a woman, and the man we call Ikenga, and the woman we call Udo. And the man is the father of the entire family, for career resume several generations back; the woman is the mother of the whole family, several generations back. And in a large extended family we have just these two gods, Ikenga and of monte Udo. We offer sacrifices to them periodically.

I am here at Ibadan; I don't live at home at music career resume, Ojoto. So my parents or my uncles will offer sacrifices to them periodically. And the women of the family will from time to what size for college essays, time scrub the music career resume walls of the shrine where these gods are housed, with fresh mud (the walls of the shrine would be of resume hotel, a mud mixture, a very satisfactory and inexpensive building substance), and the men of the family will repair the thatched roof to prevent it leaking. And once in a while they offer a white hen, or eggs laid by white hens, or kola nuts, or pods of alligator pepper. And I feel, you know, that we still belong to these things. We cannot get away from them. This is purely a family shrine, is it? This is a family shrine. We have the ones worshipped by music the whole town.

The whole town, for example, worships the python and the tortoise. Cristo Essay. The python, I imagine, represents the music career male deity, and the tortoise represents the female deity. And the whole town worships these two idols, and they (the creatures) are sacred to the whole town. I mean they are sacred to their particular shrines, and we cannot kill them. If in essay about 911 fact you find a python that is dead, you give it a ceremonial burial. Oh, yes. This still happens, even now. And Christianity cannot wipe this out. What does the python symbolize, then?

The python represents the penis. And the tortoise represents the clitoris. One for the male organ and the other for the female. Do you also go to the Christian church? I haven't gone to church for a long time. Neither have I. This is a rather theoretical question … But you think of yourself as a sort of nominal Christian, do you?

I think that over the years I have tried to evolve my own personal religion. The way that I worship my gods is in fact through poetry. And I think that each poem I write is music resume, a ceremony of innocence, if you like. The creative process is a process of cleansing. Obama Care. And since I began actively to write poetry, I have never gone to resume, church.

So I don't think it would be right for me to say I am a Christian or I am a pagan. I think my own religion combines elements from both…. Do you think that for font for college essays a lot of Africans today it is difficult to be African? I don't see why it should be difficult. I don't think there is any culture in the world that doesn't have borrowed elements. There is this multivalence in all cultures.

Africa happens to career, be a new society, new in the sense that people are just beginning to samples, know about Africa. So this multivalence is music career resume, emphasized. It is just like holding something under a microscope—it becomes enlarged. Essay About 911. Africa is now under the world's microscope; everybody sees Africa, and nobody bothers to resume, look at any other place. I think most Europeans have the idea that if any writer should be 'committed' (to use this literary cliche) it should be the African writers. I mean committed to writing about optional essay, social change, about discovery of identity—that is, he should not be working in isolation, in career an ivory tower; he should not have removed himself from the what size preoccupations of the people of his own time . Yes, but there isn't any society in which people do not write about social change. Social change is not only taking place in Africa; it's taking place everywhere in the world. Yes, but in North America particularly there are writers who feel that the writer has a duty to discover himself rather than to music career resume, discover the world. Thirty years ago writers like Thomas Wolfe were writing about the great panorama of American life, but today they seem, many of them, to resume, be isolated from career resume, their contemporaries, to be concerned with self-exploration. They feel no responsibility whatever to their own society. Now the point I want to make is that we in what font for college essays the West might suppose that (because Africa is under such violent pressures of change) it would be difficult for African writers to.

(The entire section is 2948 words.) Get Free Access to this Christopher Okigbo Study Guide. Start your 48-hour free trial to music resume, unlock this resource and thousands more. Get Better Grades. Our 30,000+ summaries will help you comprehend your required reading to ace every test, quiz, and essays essay.

We've broken down the chapters, themes, and characters so you can understand them on your first read-through. Access Everything From Anywhere. We have everything you need in one place, even if you're on the go. Career. Download our handy iOS app for free. SOURCE: Christopher Okigbo, in essays school Transition , Vol. 5, No.

22, 1965, pp. 18-20. [ Theroux is an expatriate American novelist, critic, and travel writer who has extensive knowledge of Africa and resume has set several of of monte, his works in Kenya and Malawi. In the career following essay, he analyzes the theme of movement in Okigbo's poetry .] Ordeal. What Essays. Ending on the edge of new agonies.

Beginning again. And the poet wrapped only in nakedness goes on, deliberately, mostly conscious because he is half-carried by career the nightmare winds, half-carries himself with his own home-made, wild, tangled-wood tales. 'Logistics,' says Okigbo in the 'Initiation' section of Heavensgate . (The entire section is 2217 words.) Get Free Access to essays school, this Christopher Okigbo Study Guide. Start your 48-hour free trial to unlock this resource and thousands more. John Povey (essay date December 1967) SOURCE: Epitaph to resume, Christopher Okigbo, in Africa Today , Vol.

14, No. 6, December, 1967, pp. 22-3. [ Povey is an obama, English educator, critic, and music career resume the editor of African Arts. In the following excerpt, he surveys Okigbo's works, highlighting the poet's lyricism and praising his wide emotional range and subject matter .] Okigbo was a far-ranging writer, eclectic, with a poetic strength which moulded the apparently piecemeal sources of tufts essay questions, his inspiration into a personal and sensitive vision. He is acknowledged as an intellectual poet, making the fullest statement through rigidly cerebral images that recall inevitably that old imagist master, Ezra Pound. Yet this assertion.

(The entire section is 1148 words.) SOURCE: Belief and career resume Man's Faith, in optional his Whispers from a Continent: The Literature of Contemporary Black Africa , 1969. Reprint by Heinemann Educational Books Ltd., 1971, pp. 315-84. [ Cartey was a West Indian critic and educator. In the following excerpt, he examines Christian imagery in Okigbo's poems .] The reality of Christopher Okigbo's Heavensgate is not within the realm of nature, but moves through and modifies many Christian ordinances, soaring into the realm of belief and of spirit. The prodigal poet stands a naked supplicant, seeking to music resume, elucidate the mystery of the genesis, of essays school shootings, his initiation, of his purification. Time is not only a linear chronological. (The entire section is 964 words.) SOURCE: Okigbo's Portrait of the career resume Artist as a Sunbird: A Reading of Heavensgate (1962), in African Literature Today , No.

6, 1973, pp. 1-14. [ In the excerpt below, Izevbaye delineates the interplay of sources Okigbo employs in Heavensgate and count of monte cristo Limits.] The year 1971 saw the publication by Heinemann Educational Books of Labyrinths with Path of Thunder , a collection which is in one respect the final edition of Okigbo's work although, because of the omission of the Canzones and at career, least two of the later poems, its finality consists not in completeness but in saving editors of Okigbo's poems the trouble of having to decide what the poet actually wrote. (The entire section is 4849 words.) Donatus I. Nwoga (essay date Spring 1975) SOURCE: Plagiarism and Authentic Creativity in West Africa, in Research in African Literatures , Vol. Hotel. 6, No. Music. 1, Spring, 1975, pp. 32-9. [ A Nigerian educator and critic, Nwoga edited and compiled Critical Perspectives on Christopher Okigbo (1984).

In the following excerpt, he addresses the resume samples issue of music resume, plagiarism in Okigbo's poetry, comparing Okigbo's works with those of other poets .] Perhaps I should start in the matter of plagiarism with our authentic poet, Christopher Okigbo. Sunday Anozie, in his book, Christopher Okigbo: Creative Rhetoric , writing of essays school, Okigbo's earliest poems, the music resume Four Canzones, talks of the four-movement division in size for college each of the. (The entire section is 1557 words.) Robert J. Stanton (essay date Winter 1976) SOURCE: Poet as Martyr: West Africa's Christopher Okigbo, and His Labyrinths: With Path of Thunder , in career Studies in Black Literature , Vol. 7, No.

1, Winter, 1976, pp. 10-14. [ In the following excerpt, Stanton describes how events in tufts optional essay Okigbo's life seem to music, have informed his poetry and influenced his poetic style .] Okigbo claims the following: I don't think that I have ever set out to communicate a meaning. It is tufts optional questions, enough that I try to communicate experience which I consider significant. Music. [ African Writers Talking , 1972] This rejection of giving meaning to his poetry denies us the use of. (The entire section is 4924 words.) SOURCE: The Poet and His Inner World: Subjective Experience in the Poetry of Christopher Okigbo and Wole Soyinka, in UFAHAMU , Vol. 9, No. 3, 1979–80, pp.

23-41. [ In the following excerpt, Maduakor examines the retrospective quality of Okigbo's poetry and comments on its significance in relation to modern African poetry .] In an samples hotel, interview with Marjory Whitelaw published in 1965, the Nigerian poet Christopher Okigbo made a distinction between what he called platform poetry, and music the lyric mode he referred to as the poetry of inward exploration. Platform poetry, he felt, is declamatory and rhetorical; but it deserves, nevertheless, the essay about 911 labour of the poets who write. (The entire section is 3455 words.)

D. S. Izevbaye (essay date Spring 1982) SOURCE: Death and the Artist: An Appreciation of Okigbo's Poetry, in Research in African Literatures , Vol. 13, No. 1, Spring, 1982, pp. Music Resume. 44-52. [ In the essay below, Izevbaye examines the ways in essay questions which the theme of music, death influences the essay about 911 form of Okigbo's poetry .] The attempt to understand death and music resume the need to master its sorrow have given birth to various African forms of artistic expression, whether these occur as the ambivalence, often found in funeral songs, [which] helps to adjust the shock and tufts grief which death brings to the living [Gerald Moore, Africa , Vol. Music Resume. 38, 1968], or as a representation of the language of the dead in the speech of mmonwu , the. (The entire section is 2761 words.) Wole Ogundele (essay date June 1983)

SOURCE: From the count theme essay Labyrinth to the Temple: The Structure of Okigbo's Religious Experience, in Okike: An African Journal of New Writing , No. 24, June, 1983, pp. 57-69. [ In the resume following essay, Ogundele argues that Okigbo's religious views, as expressed in his works, were much broader and more autobiographical than critics have considered them to be .] The exact place and function of 'religion' in Christopher Okigbo's poetry has been until lately, generally misrepresented. The misrepresentation of course stemmed from what critics and essays some writers held, in the last two or so decades, to be one of the imperatives of the then nascent neo-African literature: cultural. (The entire section is 4127 words.) James Wieland (essay date Spring 1984) SOURCE: Beginning: Christopher Okigbo's 'Four Canzones,' in World Literature Written in English , Vol. 23, No.

2, Spring, 1984, pp. 315-27. [ In the following essay, Wieland examines Okigbo's early poetry, arguing that the Four Canzones contains the music career resume essential elements of all his works .] It is unfortunate that Christopher Okigbo's first serious poems, Four Canzones (1957–1961), have become separated from the rest of his poetry, for they are contiguous with it, providing a fine prelude to the more substantial poetry of Labyrinths and Path of Thunder . Obama Care Essays. It is apprentice work but it is music career, important, offering an introduction both to school shootings, the metaphysics that. (The entire section is 4200 words.) John Haynes (essay date Spring 1986) SOURCE: Okigbo's Technique in 'Distances I,' in Research in African Literatures , Vol. 17, No. 1, Spring, 1986, pp. 73-84.

[ In the essay below, Haynes analyzes Okigbo's poem Distances I, offering a line-by-line account of resume, its meanings and techniques .] The following commentary deals with Distances I from the point of view of Christopher Okigbo's handling of reference, allusion, textual unity, and speech acts. But I begin with some preliminary remarks by way of justification, since Okigbo's work has been the subject of much polemic. He is said to be obscure, un-African, and essays school elitist and to rely too heavily on an unassimilated modernism derived from the American. (The entire section is 3995 words.) SOURCE: Christopher Okigbo and the Growth of Poetry, in European-Language Writing in Sub-Saharan Africa, Vol.

2 , edited by Albert S. Music Career. Gerard, Akademiai Kiado, 1986, pp. 750-54. [ In the essay below, Egudu characterizes Okigbo as the tufts optional questions most significant poet of career resume, his generation .] Christopher Okigbo is obviously the most significant poet of [1960s Nigeria] not only because of resume hotel, his national relevance but also because of his artistic excellence. He can rightly be described as the poet of Nigerian history, for there is a movement in his work which parallels that of the career resume history of Nigeria from her contact with the optional questions white man to the early stages of the career resume civil war, when Okigbo died.

(The entire section is 1618 words.) Elaine Savory Fido (essay date 1986) SOURCE: Okigbo's Labyrinths and the Context of Igbo Attitudes to the Female Principle, in Ngambika: Studies of Women in African Literature , edited by Carole Boyce Davies Anne Adams Graves, Africa World Press, Inc., 1986, pp. 223-39. [ In the font size following excerpt, Fido traces Okigbo's treatment of female characters in music his poetry and links Okigbo's view of women to count theme, Igbo tradition and familial influences .] Igbo culture is a complex entity, and the boundaries which define it are diffuse. Igbo people have intermarried with peoples along their borders, and the colonial intrusion and its aftermath has so changed things that it is hard even for scholars bent on. (The entire section is music resume, 5949 words.) Anafulu, Joseph C. Christopher Okigbo, 1932–1967: A Bio-Bibliography. Research in African Literatures 9, No.

1 (Spring 1978): 65-78. Combines an extensive bibliography of Okigbo's work with a brief biography. Lindfors, Bernth. Okigbo as Jock. In When the optional questions Drumbeat Changes , edited by Carolyn A. Parker and Stephen H. Music. Arnold, pp.

199-214. Washington, D.C.: African Literature Association and Three Continents Press, 1981. An account of Okigbo's school years which focuses on his athletic achievements. (The entire section is 707 words.) Christopher Okigbo Homework Help Questions. As is essay about 911, true in other poems by Christopher Okigbo, repetition plays an important role in creating the rhythm of the “Newcomer” poem that begins with the words “Time for worship.” Repetition. The temporal setting of Christopher Okigbo’s poem “The Passage” – specifically, whether the career events the poem describes are supposed to take place before or after Nigeria achieved. Christopher Okigbo’s poem “The Passage” displays a number of striking literary devices and stylistic techniques, including the what font for college following: Use of a trochee in career place of an expected iamb at the. Christopher Okigbo once suggested that the speaker of his poem titled “The Passage” resembles Orpheus, the famous figure of Greek myth and legend. Some resemblances between Okigo’s speaker.

The polemical stance of Elaine Fido in her essay “Okigbo's Labyrinths and essays the Context of Igbo Attitudes to music resume, the Female Principle” might be characterized in a number of ways, including the.