Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Analytical essay dangerous minds

Analytical essay dangerous minds

Oct/Wed/2017 | Uncategorized

Analysis of the Movie “Dangerous …

Analytical essay dangerous minds

Order Your Own Writing Help Now -
Dangerous Minds Deconstructing a …

argumen essay Sure, you’re a lover not a fighter. Analytical Essay Minds. I am too. But that doesn’t mean that you can avoid writing your argumentative essay! Since you have to write an argumentative essay, you might as well learn how to write it well, right? I’ve said it time and time again—there’s nothing worse than staring at a blank page. Research Papers Activity. Putting together an argumentative essay outline is the perfect way to turn your blank document into analytical essay dangerous minds, a ready-to-use template. All you have to do is contest, fill in the blanks!

In this blog post, I’m going to share with you how to create an argumentative essay outline. At the end, I’ll give you a downloadable skeleton outline you can use to get started. Structure of the Argumentative Essay Outline. That’s not so bad! There’s really nothing to analytical minds, be afraid of. Here’s how your argumentative essay outline would look if you turned it into to harvard, a pretty picture: Each of these four sections requires some important elements. Essay. Let’s break those down now. Argumentative Essay Outline Section 1: Your Intro. Your introduction is seneca essay, where you lay the foundation for your impenetrable argument. It’s made up of minds, a hook, background information, and essay a thesis statement. 1. Hook.

Your first sentence is analytical minds, comprised of a “hook.” Don’t know what a hook is? A hook is add essay score, a sentence that grabs your reader’s attention just like a good Jackie Chan movie grabs the attention of a martial arts fan. Let’s say I’m writing an argumentative essay about essay why American people should start eating insects. My hook could be, “For those interested in improving their diets and the environment, say ‘goodbye’ to eating chicken, fish, and beef and ‘hello’ to eating silk worms, crickets, and caterpillars.” If you’re having trouble coming up with a good hook, I recommend reading my blog post How to thesis statement for revenge in hamlet, Write Good Hook Sentences. 2. Background information. The next part of your intro is dedicated to essay minds, offering some detailed background information on your topic. Try answering the papers, following questions: What is the issue at analytical essay dangerous, hand? Who cares?

Where is this issue prevalent? Why is it important? For example, “Insects are abundant, nutritious, and environmentally sustainable. Currently, people in film the United States shun the idea of eating insects as part of their diets, favoring instead less nutritious and environmentally destructive food options, such as beef and pork. The UN recently issued a statement calling for more world citizens to embrace the essay dangerous, many benefits of eating insects.” 3. Essay Contest Win Home. Thesis.

Your thesis typically makes up the essay dangerous minds, last sentence of your intro paragraph. This is where you clearly state your position on the topic and give a reason for your stance. For example, “A diet of admission essays, insects can help fix problems related to analytical dangerous, starvation, obesity, and climate change, and therefore, United States citizens should learn to rely on a variety of insects over chicken, beef, and fish as their main source of protein and nutrition.” Notice the in hamlet, word “should” in analytical essay dangerous minds my thesis statement? Using this word makes it clear I’m taking a stance on statement for revenge in hamlet, the argument. You’ll also notice that my thesis statement sets up the essay minds, three claims I’m going to expand on later: a diet of review lyric, insects can help fix problems related to starvation, obesity, and climate change. Let’s talk about adding those claims to our argumentative essay outline now. Argumentative Essay Outline Section 2: Developing Your Argument.

Now that you have filled in the general points of your topic and analytical essay minds outlined your stance in the introduction, it’s time to develop your argument. In my sample outline, I show three claims, each backed by three points of evidence. Offering three claims is just a suggestion; you may find that you only have two claims to make, or four. Statement For Revenge. The exact number of claims you choose to analytical, include doesn’t matter (unless, of course, your teacher has given you a specific requirement). What matters is essay win home, that you develop your argument as thoroughly as possible. 1. What is a claim? A claim is dangerous, a statement you make to custom admission essays to harvard, support your argument.

For example, “Bugs are highly nutritious and analytical essay eating them can fix the problem of hunger and malnutrition in the United States.” Great! So I’ve made my claim. But who’s going to memento film essay, believe me? This is where evidence comes into play. Dangerous Minds. 2. Research Papers Activity. What is evidence? For each claim you make, you need to provide supporting evidence. Evidence is factual information from reliable sources. It is not personal knowledge or anecdotal. For example, “Researchers at the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United States state that ‘Termites are rich in protein, fatty acids, and other micronutrients.

Fried or dried termites contain 32–38 percent proteins.’“ My outline shows three pieces of minds, evidence to support each claim, but you may find that each claim doesn’t necessarily have three pieces of evidence to back it. Once again, the exact number doesn’t necessarily matter (unless your teacher has given you instructions), but you need enough evidence to make your claim believable. Once you have gathered your evidence to custom admission essays to harvard, support your claims, it’s time to add the next important element of your argumentative essay outline: refuting your opponents’ arguments. Let’s talk about that now. Argumentative Essay Outline Section 3: Refuting Opponents’ Arguments.

In this section, you state your opponents’ views and essay minds then offer a rebuttal. For example, “Opponents of insect eating from the Beef Council of America say that it is too difficult and time consuming to to harvard, catch crickets, so it is not easy to gather enough food for a meal, whereas a cow is large and contains a lot of meat for many meals.” Oh diss! We know the Beef Council just wants us to keep eating McD’s hamburgers and analytical minds skip the cricket soup. (By the for revenge in hamlet, way—I just made that up. The Beef Council did not say that. Analytical Minds. In your essay, make sure to use real facts.) Now it’s time to set the opponents straight with a refutation that is full of hard evidence and that will bring them to their knees. For example, “According to researchers Cerritos and Cano-Santana, the research papers on antimicrobial, best time to harvest crickets is to catch them in the hour just before sunrise when they are least active. Analytical Essay. What’s more, it is easy to develop the infrastructure to farm crickets in a way that is statement, more sustainable than cattle farming.” Booyah! The Beef Council has been served (crickets). Once you have refuted your opponents’ viewpoints, it’s time to sail to the finish line with your conclusion.

Argumentative Essay Outline Section 4: Conclusion. In your conclusion, you are going to accomplish two important tasks. 1. Restate the importance of your issue. Similar to what you did in analytical essay your introduction, you want to restate why this topic is critical. Essay Contest Win Home. For example, “Simply by incorporating insects into their diets, U.S. citizens can improve the sustainability and nutrition of the essay dangerous minds, American diet.” 2. Statement For Revenge In Hamlet. Paint a picture of the world if your argument is essay minds, (or is not) implemented. In the seneca review promotes lyric, final part of analytical essay, your conclusion, make your audience think about the ramifications of your argument. What would happen if people started eating insects as a staple of their diets? For example, “The world would be a better place if more people ate insects as a part of review promotes lyric essay, their diets. Dangerous Minds. Fewer people would go hungry, more people would get the vitamins, minerals, and micronutrients they need to live healthy lifestyles, and add essay sat our planet would be relieved of the burden of an unsustainable food system. Closing with a clear picture of the analytical dangerous, world as you would like it to be can leave your reader convinced that your argument is valid. Custom Admission Essays To Harvard. Download the Argumentative Essay Outline Template.

Download this skeleton Argumentative Essay Outline to get started. Before you go off into the sunset and use my outline template, make sure that you are following the guidelines specific to essay dangerous, your course. While this is a pretty standard outline, there are other ways to outline your argumentative essay. If you’re interested in learning more about argumentative essays, I suggest reading The Secrets of custom, a Strong Argumentative Essay. Want even more knowledge? Check out this argumentative essay infographic!

If you’re looking for some ideas, check out these argumentative essay examples. Analytical Essay. When you have your argumentative essay and outline ready to go, you can always have one of review lyric, our awesome editors give it a second look. Psst. 98% of Kibin users report better grades! Get inspiration from over 500,000 example essays. About the analytical essay minds, Author. Naomi Tepper is a former Kibin editor, the former content manager for memento the Kibin blog, and forever a word nerd. wow this was really help full.

Super! I#8217;m really happy to essay minds, help. #128578; Hi I have a 20 minute presentation to do on contest, the history of cognitive-behaviour therapy. Don#8217;t know where to begin. Is this the same as doing an dangerous minds, argument. Custom Admission Essays To Harvard. This sounds more like an analytical dangerous, expository essay.

An expository essay (or presentation in your case) has the goal of custom admission essays, informing the audience on essay, a specific topic. Usually you don#8217;t take an research activity, argumentative stance for or against analytical essay minds, these topics. For more information on research papers on antimicrobial of plants, expository writing visit: https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/how-to-write-an-expository-essay/ hi i need some help on analytical minds, an argument . The topic is internet a guide or a distraction. i hope u can help. Do you think the internet is a guide or a distraction? I would suggest writing a thesis statement like this: You could focus on arguing for the internet: #8220;The internet is a useful guide as shown by evidence 1, evidence 2, and evidence 3.#8221; OR you could focus on arguing against the internet: #8220;The internet is an annoying distraction as shown by evidence 1, evidence 2, and thesis statement for revenge evidence 3.#8221; OR, and essay minds this is the best option, you could focus on arguing how to statement for revenge, best use the internet: #8220;The internet can be both a useful guide as shown by evidence 1 and evidence 2, but it can also be an annoying distraction as shown by analytical essay dangerous evidence 3 and evidence 4. It is important to set personal limits on web use including solution 1, solution 2, and solution 3.#8221; Personal limits could include things such as limiting yourself to do you add essay, viewing only specific websites during work/study hours, limiting overall time online, and dangerous other things like that! Hi Liz, well first you need to custom, pick a side. What do you think? Should they have their licenses revoked?

Then you need to come up with a few reasons for why you think this. Can you find any examples of how this tactic has worked (or hasn#8217;t worked). What about people who lose their licenses for other (criminal) reasons, is dangerous, this type of punishment effective? Why or why not? Come up with approx three claims to support your side.

Find some evidence to support your claims. Lay out how each of the two authors approach the topic of the Crusades. What do they have in common? What is different? Super happy to help! thank you so much for this! You are welcome so much!

Thanks for reading. Memento Film Analysis. #128578; Hi, I am writing an argumentative essay on freedom of speech rights and the 1st amendment and I have two sides of the argument. I am for freedom of speech if it doesn#8217;t harm other people and I have some cases where the analytical essay minds, supreme court are avoiding the laws stated in custom to harvard the amendment but I#8217;m on the court#8217;s side of restricting inappropriate speech in a school environment. How should I start out my argument? I think you need to combine your two perspectives into essay, one focused argument. Do you, perhaps, want to argue that inappropriate speech in a school environment is contest win home, actually harmful to other people? That way, it falls into your first argument (pro-free speech as long as it#8217;s not harmful) quite nicely. Analytical Essay. Good luck! it has helped a lot #8230;#8230; great work. Thanks! Glad you liked it. #128578; Thank you very much :)) You are welcome!

Thanks for reading #128578; HI, I am writing an argumentative essay on how different governments should provide additional funding to increase awareness of human trafficking, prevent human trafficking, and promotes lyric essay help victims who have been trafficked. I am not sure where to start from. Hisome of these example essays on human trafficking may give you ideas on essay, how to get started: https://www.kibin.com/essay-examples/search/human%20trafficking. Thesis Statement In Hamlet. Hi, I am writing an argumentative essay on how is social media like Facebook or Twitter beneficial or harmful to its users? I am not sure how to start from there. Hi Rosie you might find inspiration on how to dangerous minds, get started by reviewing some of these example essays on social media: https://www.kibin.com/essay-examples/search/social%20media. Hi, i was wondering if in do you score sat the conclusion of the essay minds, essay you need to end it with a question, something for essay win home the reader to continue to think about after reading or is it unnecessary? Great question! Asking a larger question is definitely one great conclusion technique. Some teachers/profs really like this, while others prefer that you tie everything up with a neat little bow.

I recommend you check out this post on the topic of conclusions: https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/essay-conclusion/ This helped a lot! Thanks, love how its broken down. Analytical Minds. I have a question though. Should the conclusion have its own paragraph or can I include the for revenge, conclusion with opponents argument? I definitely recommend giving your conclusion its own paragraph. You don#8217;t want to dangerous minds, leave your readers hanging on to just your opponent#8217;s argument! You can learn more about writing conclusions in this post: https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/essay-conclusion/ Helped me to help my students #128578; I was wondering if you can show a sample essay with these elements in use?

Thank you #128578; Awesome! I love to hear that. That#8217;s a really great idea#8230; and one that I intend to implement in upcoming blog posts. However, at this time I don#8217;t readily have access to a knock out example. Naomi. Thesis Statement For Revenge In Hamlet. HELP. I am having a hard time with my argumentative research essay on analytical essay dangerous, drug testing to receive state benefits a.e. T.A.N.F, food stamps.. I#8217;m getting so frustrated and I dont have any idea where to begin..

I found it very useful! Thanks a lot #128512; You#8217;re welcome a lot! Thanks for reading. #128578; thanks helped me a lot luv your work 3. can u do a website on argumentiv wtiting starters plz im a begener. OMG. THX so much this helped a ton. You are so welcome! Thanks for reading. #128578; You#8217;re welcome! Wow that#8217;s a great idea for an essay.

Very intriguing. is this guide ok for an eight grader test. Yasss#8230;This blog is reliable#8230;Thanks ? Woot! Glad you like it. #128578; I#8217;m happy to hear it. #128578; Thanks for your comment. Seneca Review Promotes Lyric Essay. I have to analytical essay dangerous minds, write an argumentative. research essay about the career of my choice, which is sports marketing. I#8217;m not sure what type of arguments I need to make. Am I defending my choice of careers? Am I talking about it#8217;s importance in the world? It#8217;s just something I am interested in so I am not sure how to write an argumentative paper about it.

I have to add essay score, write an argumentative research essay about the career of my choice, which is essay, sports marketing. I#8217;m not sure what type of arguments I need to make. Am I defending my choice of sat, careers? Am I talking about it#8217;s importance in the world? It#8217;s just something I am interested in so I am not sure how to analytical essay dangerous, write an argumentative paper about it. Hi thereI#8217;d double check your assignment for clues on how to papers of plants, approach this. If there really aren#8217;t any additional clues, I would go with your first instinct to defend your choice of careers. Analytical Dangerous Minds. Why are you interested?

Is the pay worth it? What makes you cut out for this career in particular? A thesis statement might look like: Sports marketing is the perfect career choice for me as it will allow me to use my strengths in XYZ, make a decent income, all while keeping me interested and engaged. Research On Antimicrobial Activity. Then use the rest of your essay to fill out those key points. Thanks! That#8217;s helpful. Here#8217;s what the assignment says: #8220;In your argumentative research essay, you will a) conduct research about analytical minds a successful and realistic career of your choice, b) use this research and accompanying commentary and rhetoric to create an argument that you will eventually present and defend to custom to harvard, a group of peers. This assignment serves to create a foundation for analytical dangerous personal statements, resumes and CVs, and even interviews in which you will be asked about your chosen career path and its significance to essay contest win home, you.

The evidence you collect during your research should support and justify your pursuit of any given career.#8221; Do you think I will be on track if I use your suggested thesis? YesI do. Analytical Essay. You#8217;ll also want to activity of plants, find some hard facts and statistics to dangerous minds, support your claims. For example, dig up how much it will cost for you to get your degree and weigh that against your potential income. You#8217;ll want to start with a clear thesis statement. I assume that when you say you are pro-Hungary this means that you feel the country shouldn#8217;t be required to accept refugees? If so, your thesis statement might look something like this: Hungary should not be required to accept Syrian refugees because of reason 1, reason 2, and reason 3. Orif you think the country should help.

You would start with a thesis like this: Hungary should be required to accept Syrian refugees because of reason 1, reason 2, and reason 3. Glad to help! Thanks for your comment. Promotes Lyric Essay. Hi ! I need help in writing a good thesis statement on the advantages and disadvantages of minds, using a cell phone. Add Essay. Please help. I need to submit it on thursday. Essay. Plz Plz help. For Revenge In Hamlet. This one is pretty straightforward. You can frame it like this: Cell phone use has many advantages such as A, and B, but some disadvantages such as C. Or you could flip it: Cell phone use has many disadvantages such as A, and B, but some advantages such as C. Fill in A, B, and C with your actual research.

Thank you so much Naomi. This is a great help. Hi ! I need to write a thesis statement on essay minds, the topic, #8216;Element of hamartia in Hamlet, Love song of J Alfred and Agamemnon. Film Analysis Essay. I need a thesis statement on this. I have written Unable to take the correct decision at the right time can lead to a tragic end. To be able to make that correct decision one must have the essay minds, confidence otherwise it can have a tragic end as it happened to the protagonists in Hamlet, Agamemnon and The Love song of do you add essay score, J. Alfred. Do you think this is analytical essay minds, ok, if not can you help me please in research activity writing a good thesis statement. Thank you. I think you have the right idea, but your version is unclear and a bit repetitive. How about this edit?

Being unable to analytical essay, make the right decision at research on antimicrobial of plants, the right time can lead to a tragic end, which is exactly what happened to the protagonists in Hamlet, Agamemnon, and dangerous The Love song of J. Alfred. Thank you Naomi so very much. This is great. On Antimicrobial Activity. I can go ahead now. You#8217;re welcome, Rachel! First you#8217;ll need to come up with a thesis statement. For example: Public schools should be divided by sex because of reason 1, reason 2, and reason 3. Then choose reasons that you can support with evidence from analytical essay dangerous minds your research. this really works thanks. Glad it worked for you, Rose! Thanks for seneca promotes essay your comment. Analytical Essay Dangerous Minds. Thanks but I#8217;m having trouble coming up with a good topic that is strong and worthy to be argued but not boring.

I want to do something that isn#8217;t a popular topic like is texting and driving bad anu advice. thank you so much. I have to write an argumentative essay on review essay, Poverty and Illiteracy. I have already looked up my citations. But I don#8217;t know how to break down my citations. Analytical Essay Dangerous Minds. Could you help me please? I#8217;m not sure whether you need to write APA, MLA, or some other type of for revenge in hamlet, citation, but I have some blog posts that can help: MLA is how I need to write it. Oh lordy this blog is ammmaaazzzinnnng. Why thank you! I appreciate you readinnnnnng! can you send me your project on my email [emailprotected] Ikr like wowww #8230;I am so grateful to analytical minds, reach up on it. can u send me your project on my email [emailprotected] . I#8217;m supposed to essay win home, create an analytical, argumentative essay that Rome was a superior society to Han China. Thank you so much.

I think this is super helpful. Now my next problem is lyric essay, if I can fit it all onto dangerous minds, one page. Do You Sat. (That#8217;s the limit our teacher gave us. he wants to see if we can make brief statements that speak many words with little words written) Funnyis that a common assignment this month? You#8217;re not the first student to ask me about this Romans v Hans. A topic that large is going to be very difficult to explore in a single pagebut hey, it#8217;s a good exercise in concision. In any caseat the risk of sounding sales-ythe Kibin editing team is really good at meticulously cutting an essay dangerous, essay down to custom admission essays, size if you end up going over that one-page limit. Analytical Essay Dangerous Minds. You can learn more about our editing service here: https://www.kibin.com/essay-editing-proofreading. Essay Contest. I really don#8217;t understand the refuting part. When you refute something, you take your opponent#8217;s argument and rip it to shreds. So for example, say your opponent#8217;s biggest argument is that Donald Trump is the best candidate for U.S. president, you could counter that argument by pointing out analytical essay that he has zero experience in politics. hello again.

I don#8217;t know if you got my resent reply but I was trying to thesis, ask and analytical dangerous see if you could give me a little advice on some good resources involving work laws for teens. This is review essay, really helped a lot. I was able to do my argumentative essay after reading this. It also explained clearly what I was looking for. Essay Minds. Thank you!

3. You are so welcome! Glad to help. #128578; thanks a lot! this helped me create my english paper! Sweet! Love to memento essay, hear that. #128578; Thank you so much. You saved my last semester of college! (From a French canadian currently having English Classes)

Hey! Thanks for essay the great comment. You really made my day! I wish you the very best in your English classes. Woot! Happy to help. #128578; Fantastic! So happy to memento essay, hear it. #128578; I#8217;m writing about essay dangerous functionalism and Weberianism. Papers On Antimicrobial Activity. Compare and contrast them and discuss briefly how concepts from the essay dangerous minds, two theories contribute to the knowledge of custom admission to harvard, health practitioners.

Please hook me up!! Love this blog. Analytical Dangerous. What email address I can sent my essay to get fix? And how long do I have to on antimicrobial activity of plants, wait to get it back. Minds. Thank you. Hi Trinh Le, I love that you love it. Essay Win Home. #128578; Thanks for the comment. To have an essay edited, please visit us here: https://www.kibin.com/essay-editing-proofreading. Analytical. Our editors can have your essay back in as few as 3 hours (depending on essay contest win home, word count). I#8217;m in analytical essay dangerous love with this blog. I was totally dreading the argumentative essay outline but now I#8217;m kind of pumped thanks to your (absolutely hilarious) examples! Awesome!

I love hearing this. Writing can be fun as long as you don#8217;t actively dread it. #128578; THANK YOU SO MUCH PLEASE WISH ME LUCK FOR MY ENGLISH EXAM TOMORROW SINCE ARGUMENTATIVE IS GOING TO BE INCLUDED IN THE EXAM TOMORROW I SHOULD#8217;VE ADD THE EVIDENCE FOR THE CLAIM HAHAHAHA O??? Thanks for reading! #128578; This saved my life. Thank you so much! Sweet! Happy to do you add essay score sat, be a lifesaver. I need this argumentative essay for tmm#8230; if crickets should be added to lunch school I need a sting essay I#8217;m in 11 grade my opinion is yes crickets should be added. Hi there, the outline in this post should help you a lot! As for your thesis statement, you could write something like: Crickets should be added to analytical dangerous minds, the school lunch menu because they are both nutritious and inexpensive. For the rest of your essay, talk about how you know they are nutritious and inexpensive (hint, do your research!). Win Home. I never understood the way my teacher taught this until I found this blog.

It has helped me write a better argumentative essay. Thanks. You#8217;re welcome! Thanks for reading. #128578; Awesome! I love to hear feedback like this. Essay Dangerous. Thanks for reading! Thanks a lot mate helped me so much.

Super! Happy to help. You#8217;re super welcome! Happy to help. Essay Contest Win Home. Thank You sooo much for analytical essay this blog. This has given me a chance to structure my assignment even better. THANKS xx.

Thanks so much for reading! Happy to help. I#8217;m writing about functionalism and Weberianism. Compare and contrast them and discuss briefly how concepts from the two theories contribute to the knowledge of health practitioners. Please hook me up!! Your topic is film analysis essay, a bit over my head, but you may be able to essay minds, get the creative juices flowing by using our compare/contrast thesis statement generator: https://www.kibin.com/thesis-builder/compare-contrast-topic. You#8217;re welcome! Thanks for reading. My name is Haley and i have to do an argumentative essay for LA and my topic is#8230;#8230;..In what situations, if any, does a woman have a right to an abortion? what should i put as a hook? The hook you choose will definitely depend on your stance on the topic.

If your paper is pro-choice, you could start with a shocking statistic about the number of women who go through illegal/dangerous abortions during times and places where abortion is illegal. If your paper is custom essays to harvard, pro-life, you might start with an emotional appeal about the dangerous minds, life of an custom admission essays to harvard, unborn fetus being cut short. This is very helpful. I was having trouble getting started on writing but now I feel a lot more confident in my subject. Thanks for the breakdown.

Happy you found it useful. Essay Minds. Thanks for reading! Glad to hear that! M hving trouble with introduction on smoking restriction. Can you help me with introducing on smoking restriction topic and thesis as well. I#8217;m going to assume that you are taking a stance in favor of smoking restriction. A hook would be a shocking statistic about the health risks of secondhand smoke to non-smokers. Here is a good source to get you started: http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/secondhand_smoke/general_facts/ A thesis statement framework might look like this: Smoking restrictions are critical to public health due to reason 1, reason 2, and reason 3. You might also try our thesis statement builder: https://www.kibin.com/thesis-builder. Naomi! youre amazing! this has really clarified this topic for me. thank you!

Well, thank you, Neil! This comment was a great way to start my Friday. #128578; Wow, this is admission essays to harvard, really good. I have been reading about analytical academic reading and seneca review lyric essay writing every day for dangerous minds 9 wks. I have to write a 1200-1500 word argumentative essay for my 1st university assessment. This is by seneca promotes lyric essay far the essay dangerous, most helpful article I have read. Well done and thanks. Papers. Heaps. Fantastic! Happy to help.

I have to write a argumentative essay and the topic is: Should Homeland security and the CIA treat terrorist better? Aren#8217;t they people too? I#8217;m not sure what exactly im suppose to do or how to essay, start it. thank you ms.Naomi that was really helpful. Do you add in a rebuttal for each of your points?? That is certainly one way to approach an argumentative essay. Take an opponent#8217;s view on each of your arguments and research on antimicrobial of plants then crush it with your rebuttal. Or, if you follow the outline I gave you in this post, just include a section to crush one or two common opponent arguments. Thank you, this was very helpful and in analytical the same time funny! good way to make interesting!! This was very helpful, but I still have some hesitation, my last important paper is an do you, Argumentative Research, and this will be my first one. I already have a thesis chosen and I#8217;m just kinda confuse about what facts I need to dangerous minds, collect, but its just getting information that will back up my thesis,correct?

Hi thereyes, as long as you have a good defendable thesis, you should be able to find sources to seneca review, support your stance. Dangerous Minds. Here is a blog post about making sure your sources are credible: https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/apply-craap-test-essay-sources/ Thanks for answering but I#8217;m having a difficult time trying to contest, find and essay dangerous minds discern what will be helpful in papers on antimicrobial activity of plants my paper. My paper being about Human Rights specifically Minority/Indigenous Rights. This was so helpful! But, I do have a couple of questions. Is there a secret to writing a killer hook?

What is the best way to state your claim in the introduction? You might need to analytical essay, also read these posts: Thank you so much for research papers on antimicrobial activity the helpful info. I definitely owe a get out of jail free card. Awesome, I could definitely use it. #128578; Seriously very usefull tips i like it #128578; How many paragraphs is this?

The argumentative essay outline is 6 paragraphs as it stands, but you can definitely alter it to suit your purposes by adding or subtracting body paragraphs as needed. Usually your hook sentence is separate from essay dangerous your thesis statement. Research Of Plants. The hook is the first sentence in the intro paragraph, while your thesis statement is dangerous minds, typically the thesis in hamlet, last sentence in this paragraph. Sometimes you will add some background information too. So an intro is essay minds, Hook-background info-thesis statement. Memento Film. Here#8217;s a revision of your sentence: ADD A HOOK SENTENCE OR TWO HERE. We live in 21st century, and many gender roles are outdated and shouldn#8217;t affect our lives in the ways they did before. One of these outdated gender roles is the analytical minds, idea that only thesis statement, boys can ask girls outgirls should be able to ask boys out too. this is very useful#8230; but I can not write argument for my research paper (my topic is the racism in america and how effect to people ) can you help me , please. Racism in America is analytical dangerous minds, a huge problem and a huge topic.

I think your first step is to narrow your research focus. First, which specific problem of add essay sat, racism will you be looking at? Racism against a particular minority group? In a specific region or city? Are there studies that show the effects in these groups and essay dangerous regions? What are some common findings/themes? Here is another post specifically about writing a research paper: https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/how-to-write-a-research-paper/ This blog is Amazing!

Very helpful! But my question is that did you really have to use #8220;eating insects#8221; example? I was having a hot n sour soup while reading this. Ha! I#8217;m so sorry to have ruined your supper. #128578; I think I was inspired to write this post after a bug flew into my mouth while I was riding my bike to work#8230; nutty and a bit bitter. Thanks for reading! This is statement for revenge in hamlet, absolutely incredible! I greatly admire your work and essay minds accomplishment!

I am a teacher that is writing a textbook with Creative Commons licensing for my school district using CK-12 as the platform. With all due respect, I would really love to thesis statement in hamlet, speak with you about analytical essay dangerous minds possibly including some of the information on the Kibin site, particularly this post, as a properly attributed contribution to seneca review promotes, my 6th Grade Reading Language Arts textbook. If you would not mind getting in contact with me, my email is [emailprotected] or simply reply to this comment. @naomi_tepper:disqus. Essay. Hi AlishaThanks for your kind comment. I#8217;m totally in essay favor of analytical essay minds, you using the promotes essay, content from this post in your textbook with attribution. Best of luck on dangerous minds, this very important project, and if you need to discuss, you can easily reach me at custom essays, [emailprotected] You#8217;re going to have to take a stance for analytical dangerous minds or against school uniforms and offer credible evidence to support your stance.

I#8217;d suggest reading this post on promotes lyric essay, how to write a thesis statement : https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/how-to-write-a-thesis-statement/ Thank you for writing all these helpful hints! I#8217;m currently writing one for college with the topic of legalizing lane splitting for motorcycles. I just finished writing found your blog which is helping me make sure I did everything correctly #128578; thank you!! Fantastic! Happy to help. Analytical. this is amazing and funny as hell. this should help with my exam. tqvm #128578; Thanks so much! Best of luck with your exam. #128578; it#8217;s very useful. thanks a lot. You#8217;re welcome! Thanks for commenting. I#8217;ll be thankfull to you #128578; You just made my time.

You#8217;re welcome! Thanks for the comment. Film Essay. #128578; Thank you very much for making this easy to understand, this helped me ace my English final exam. You are the analytical essay, best #128578; So happy to seneca lyric essay, hear it! Thanks for the comment. Hi ?. Analytical Essay Dangerous Minds. Thanks for this wonderful guidelines. Your article really makes my day more easier.

Wish me luck. Inny. Add Essay Score. Sweet! Good luck on your project! What a great tips. Thank you #128578; Happy you think so! Thanks for the comment. woooow this blog had helped me lotssssssss , thanks for your efforts. Happy to help!

Thanks for the comment. Analytical Essay. This seems to be very helpful! I have an English final tmrw and I am really scared. Our teacher is giving us four random articles and we have to create an argumentative essay on a question he provided us. Do you know what I can do because I#8217;m really bad at writing and reading. Like what else can I do rather than read this blog? First off, relax, deep breath, no need to be scared! As intimidating as this final seems right now, it will be over soon and you#8217;ll barely remember it happened. Research Of Plants. #128578; I know you said that you want advice more than just this blog, but it happens that my best advice happens to be on the blog. I have a post that I think will help you make a game plan for essay dangerous minds tackling an in-class essay.

Here it is: https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/how-to-write-a-timed-essay/ wowwwwwwww niiiiiiiiiiice. Add Essay. This really help a lot keeeep uuuuuup the good woooork. Great! Glad you thought it was helpful. Essay Minds. #128578; This blog is awesome and promotes lyric essay so helpful! Thank you thank you thank you. Thanks for the sweet comment!

Happy to help. #128578; may u send me your project on my email [emailprotected] thank you so muuch #128512; Thanks for analytical minds reading! Glad we could help. Soo good it helped me a lot! Great! Happy to help. #128578; Thanks for the clear outline, was very confused about how to start my paper after reading this made me crystal clear, don#8217;t know how I started and didn#8217;t know I had ended just went off like a flash. very very useful. I#8217;m so glad you found it useful, Ram. Thanks for thesis statement in hamlet reading! Thank you so much for the outline!! I used it all morning to help start my essay for college English over Big Box vs Small Businesses! Fantastic! Happy to hear it. #128578; i am writing a argumentative essay for essay #8220;being competent in English Language is necessary for successful academic achievement#8221; cloud you plx give me a best introduction for this essay #8230; An interesting fact or statistic that shows the correlation between learning English and academic success might be your best choice, if you can find something from seneca review a reputable source.

Or, if you could start with a story about yourself or someone you know who achieved something great because of knowing how to analytical essay dangerous, speak English. Can anyone give me a good hook for same sex marriage . I#8217;m writing an argumentative paper for my adv. comp class. Seneca Lyric Essay. Your hook will depend on minds, the stance you are taking. For example, if you are arguing in favor of same sex marriage you could start with an interesting statistic that shines a light on the success of same sex marriages or you could start with a heartwarming story or anecdote about a successful same sex marriage. This was really funny! (and useful) Thanks #128578; Awesome! Glad you liked it.

Thanks for the comment. #128578; Hey!! This page was rlly helpful but I still need help with making an intro for #8220;Why Teenager Should Not Have TVs In Their Bedrooms#8221; I would really appreciate it if u could help ASAP plz!!O That will help you write a strong intro #8212; including a strong thesis #128578; Ths for this it helped a lot. Contest Win Home. Awesome! Thanks for the comment. #128578; I really appreciate your help. didnt help at all sorry. Sorry that it wasn#8217;t more helpful, Trent. Essay Dangerous. Let us know if you have any questions that are still unanswered! I#8217;m going to write about how humanity should strive for immortality. Do you think the topic is too hard and broad for a 10th grader like me?

May I know your thoughts and suggestions, please? Thanks! Nah, you can totally handle that topic! I don#8217;t think it#8217;s too broad, either, and I really like that it take a strong stance. Thesis For Revenge. Just make sure that you have 2-3 solid and minds specific reasons to back up your claim that we should strive for immortality, as you#8217;ll want to include those reasons in your thesis and defend them throughout your paper. So the first question to answer as you write your thesis is #8220;Why do I believe this?#8221; Hi, there.

I saw your question asking for advice on the difficulty of writing a paper on immortality. I have a few views on that myself but of the opposite custom essays point. I would be very interested in essay dangerous minds reading your thoughts on the matter. Memento Analysis Essay. So perhaps you would be inclined to email me your assignment once it#8217;s finished. thanks this blog was very helpful. Minds. Awesome! We#8217;re happy you think so and thanks for the comment. #128578; Super helpful! About to write a 6-7 page paper for my college professor and I needed advice on an effective argumentative structure outline. This is exactly what I needed to look at. Well designed.

Sweet! Love to hear that it helped. Thanks for the kind comment. #128578; Is Misdiagnoses of Mental Disorders a good topic to write about? And is it too broad? I want to include toxic thinking as a huge contribution and impact to mental illness. I need direction Please help!! It is a bit broad, yes. I would suggest narrowing it down to just one mental disorder. For Revenge. Maybe depression or ADD.

You could narrow it down even further to talk about these diagnoses in analytical essay minds young adults or children rather than everyone. Finally, make sure you have some evidence to support your argument that toxic thinking is the contributing factor here! That#8217;s a pretty big statement and you#8217;ll definitely need to back it up. I COULD KISS YOU RIGHT NOW YOU SAVED MY LIFE. 3. Seneca Review Promotes Essay. can u send me your project on my email [emailprotected] nice .. great work you have done.. Analytical. thanks for help Naomi#8230; Thanks for reading and for your kind comment! Thanks for your comment!

Argumentative essay known as a task challenging somehow but the thing you break it up, that was a sick info. Thanks so so much. P.S. loved your sense of humour. Aww, shucks. Thanks for your sweet comment! #128578; bless you!! i have a paper due and this helps so much ^^ Woot! So glad to hear it. Thanks for reading! Thank you so much for memento the helpful outline. This is by far one of the most detailed and useful outline I have used. Essay Dangerous. Keep up the good work. Essay Contest. Thanks for your kind comment!

Happy the outline helped you. Hehe love this comment. Thanks for your kind words and happy to help. Analytical Essay. #128578; You#8217;re super welcome! Thanks for the kind comment! A history paper isn#8217;t necessarily the same as an film, argumentative essay, though it *can* be. Essay. It really depends on how you approach your topic. Read that suggested post though, it should help you get started! man, i think you dont no what you did to me. thank U a lot.

Hehe hopefully it was a good thing. Thanks for the thank you. #128578; this helped me so much. Thank you . Sweet! Happy to hear it. Thanks, very helpful. Thesis. Yay! Happy you think so. Essay Dangerous Minds. #128578; i love this blog #8230; you are an awesome teacher #8230; Aww, shucks. Thanks so much for reading. #128578; Hehe I#8217;m 100% positive you could be as smart as me. Happy this helped and thanks for the kind comment! #128578; I#8217;m not the best at writing essays, especially argumentative ones#8230; This is a huge help!

Thank you so very much!! #128578; Sweet! Happy to help out. #128578; Thank you so so so so so so so so much Naomi!! I was having trouble writing an do you, argumentative essay from dangerous avid elective class you are greatly appreciated! *bows down to you* You will be a great writer I promise #128578; P.S. Contest. have you made any more of these? Haha, thanks for the super kind comment. Essay. I really appreciate it! Yes, I#8217;ve written quite a few other posts for this blog (though not so much any more since I manage it now).

Here are a few that you might like: Yay! Final complete! Congrats and happy this helped. Thanks for the kind comment. #128578; I was stumped in class by the prompt for a six paragraph essay. This article is essays, great. Analytical Dangerous Minds. THANK YOU!

Noiiice! Happy this helped you. Thanks for the comment. Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! So happy that this post helped you get to the finish line.

Thanks for the kind comment #128578; Naomi. omg you just saved my life i could kiss you 3. What if you are writing at school and they don#8217;t allow you to use your computer to look up information for the text. In that case you#8217;ll want to prepare in advance as best you can by becoming as familiar as possible with the type of do you sat, essay you#8217;ll be writing and dangerous minds the type of essays to harvard, material you need to know for analytical essay minds the essay. You might check out this post: https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/how-to-write-a-timed-essay/ if you reply to me ill be so happy. You#8217;re awesome! Thanks a lot for this excellent blog post Naomi. Thanks so much for promotes the comment! #128578; Wow i love this. Thanks Naomi for the educative piece.

That#8217;s great! Thanks for the kind comment. I#8217;m in minds love with this phenomenal blogger.*SIGHS* Aww! Your comment totally made my day. xoxo! Muah! #128578; Happy to help.

Hi Naomi, this is an papers activity, amazing article, yet I have some questions I hope you can answer. I#8217;m about to sit for the FCE in two days, and it#8217;s mandatory that I write an essay. I don#8217;t know the type of essay nor the topic of analytical, it. How would you recommend me to study for it? Thanks in advance #128578; Ooh!

You must be feeling the pressure. Admission Essays. I#8217;m sure you#8217;ll do great, especially since you are reaching out for advice. It#8217;s about writing a timed (in-class) essay, and a lot of the advice can apply to other types of timed essay tests too. Analytical Essay Dangerous Minds. Point #5 is especially important: #8220;If you’re really nervous, practice writing under pressure before your test. Research Papers Activity Of Plants. Set a timer for minds the same amount of time you’ll have during the actual test, and work on writing a coherent essay about research on antimicrobial a sample prompt or an important topic.#8221; I#8217;d also research the different types of analytical dangerous, essay prompts that they#8217;ve given in analysis the past to use for your practice writing session. Maybe this resource will help? http://www.firstcertificatewriting.co.uk/live/paper-2-writing-part-1-essays/ I wish you the best on analytical essay, your FCE! Thanks for the comment. #128578; So glad you think it#8217;s helpful!

Thanks for essays to harvard reading! xoxo. i really like the explanation bcoz it#8217;s clear and it#8217;s not explained in analytical dangerous minds a boring way like how most people did. thanks a lot! this really helped my homework :)) Great! That#8217;s exactly what I was going for. So happy it helped you. Thanks for the comment! #128578; You#8217;re awesome!

Thanks for reading. Very helpful article! Thank you so much! Great! Happy to help. Hi, it is really a clear and detailed graph. Could I cite it in research papers on antimicrobial activity my assignment? Sure, you#8217;re welcome to cite it #128578; Thanks for dangerous minds reading. OK I need help I have two argumentative essays due Wednesday and I looked at your website and it helped me a ton i never could have done it without you. thx so much. Do You Sat. now i just need to make one#8230; You#8217;ve totally got this!! THANK YOU SO MUCH.

I am already almost done and it is analytical essay, mostly because of this page! Thanks for the words of encouragement! U guys are the best. So glad it was helpful! Thanks for reading #128578; Ma#8217;am you are such a saviour. #128536;#128536;#128536; Thank you for reading! Loved the explanation! Thanks a lot for being that graphic. So glad you liked it! Thanks for the comment #128578; Hey there, Michael #128578; Thanks for stopping by! thanks for saving my life :-):-) Woot! Glad we could help. saving time and getting ultra information#8230; We#8217;re all about saving you time! #128578; Thanks for reading. I have Exams tomorrow and this really helped me alot#8230;Thanks Naomi #128578; Glad you found it useful #128578; Thank you for reading!

Oh thank goodness! I always have trouble on the thesis and hook, thank you so much, you saved meee! Awesome! So glad we could help #128578; Amazing. Helped me like hell. So glad you found it useful, Dana! Thanks for reading. Thank you this saved my butt. Sweet! So glad we could help #128578; Is this good for an argumentative essay titled ( Animals in Captivity )?? Have you thought why animals roar,cry, weak, looking upset?

And why caged birds sing? In 2014 a research from Harvard University showed that 10,000 animals from different species around the world. die every year out of do you, loneliness, violence, shortage of dangerous, food and air and lack of freedom. Lyric Essay. Animals are living organisms as humans and plants and need a lot of rights that we should put them in analytical essay dangerous minds consideration.

Write My Paper -
Dangerous Minds* Deconstructing a …

Revenge of the Reality-Based Community. I know that it’s unattractive and bad form to say “I told you so” when one’s advice was ignored yet ultimately proved correct. Dangerous? But in the wake of the contest, Republican election debacle, it’s essential that conservatives undertake a clear-eyed assessment of analytical essay dangerous minds who on their side was right and who was wrong. Those who were wrong should be purged and ignored; those who were right, especially those who inflicted maximum discomfort on movement conservatives in being right, ought to get credit for it and become regular reading for them once again. I’m not going to contest beat around the bush and analytical essay pretend I don’t have a vested interest here. Frankly, I think I’m at ground zero in the saga of custom to harvard Republicans closing their eyes to any facts or evidence that conflict with their dogma. Rather than listen to minds me, they threw me under a bus. To this day, I don’t think they understand that my motives were to help them avoid the permanent decline that now seems inevitable. For more than 30 years, I was very comfortable within the conservative wing of the film, Republican Party.

I still recall supporting Richard Nixon and Barry Goldwater as a schoolchild. As a student, I was a member of Young Republicans and Young Americans for Freedom at analytical dangerous, the height of the Vietnam War, when conservatives on college campuses mostly kept their heads down. In graduate school, I wrote a master’s thesis on how Franklin Roosevelt covered up his responsibility for thesis in hamlet, the Pearl Harbor attack—long a right-wing obsession. My first real job out of graduate school was working for Ron Paul the first time he was elected to Congress in a special election in 1976. (He lost that same year and came back two years later.) In those days, he was the only Tea Party-type Republican in Congress. After Paul’s defeat, I went to work for Congressman Jack Kemp and helped draft the famous Kemp-Roth tax bill, which Ronald Reagan signed into law in 1981. Essay Dangerous? I made important contributions to the development of on antimicrobial of plants supply-side economics and detailed my research in a 1981 book, Reaganomics: Supply-Side Economics in Action . After Reagan’s victory, I chose to stay on Capitol Hill, where I was staff director for the Joint Economic Committee and analytical minds thought I would have more impact. I left to work for Jude Wanniski’s consulting company in 1984, but missed Washington and came back the following year.

Jude was, of course, the film essay, founding father of supply-side economics, the analytical essay dangerous minds, man who discovered the economists Robert Mundell and Arthur Laffer and made them famous. I went to work for the Heritage Foundation, but left in 1987 to join the White House staff. I was recruited by on antimicrobial activity Gary Bauer, who was Reagan’s principal domestic policy adviser. Analytical Minds? Gary remains well known among religious conservatives. Thesis? Late in the administration I moved over to minds the Treasury Department, where I remained throughout the George H.W. Bush administration. Afterwards I worked for the Cato Institute and the National Center for Policy Analysis, a conservative think tank based in Dallas. I wrote regularly for the Wall Street Journal editorial page, National Review , and other conservative publications. For 12 years I wrote a syndicated column that ran in research papers on antimicrobial activity the Washington Times , Investor’s Business Daily , the New York Sun , and other conservative newspapers. I supported George W. Bush in 2000, and many close friends served in high-level administration positions. I was especially close to the Council of Economic Advisers and often wrote columns based on input and suggestions from analytical dangerous its chairmen, all of win home whom were friends of mine.

Once I even briefed Vice President Dick Cheney on the economy. But as the Bush 43 administration progressed, I developed an increasingly uneasy feeling about its direction. Essay Dangerous? Its tax policy was incoherent, and memento film essay it had an extremely lackadaisical attitude toward spending. Analytical Essay Minds? In November 2003, I had an intellectual crisis. All during the summer of that year, an research papers of plants, expansion of Medicare to pay for prescription drugs for seniors was under discussion. I thought this was a dreadful idea since Medicare was already broke, but I understood that it was very popular politically. I talked myself into believing that Karl Rove was so smart that he had concocted an extremely clever plan—Bush would endorse the new benefit but do nothing to bring competing House and essay dangerous Senate versions of the legislation together.

That way he could get credit for supporting a popular new spending program, but it would never actually be enacted. I was shocked beyond belief when it turned out that Bush really wanted a massive, budget-busting new entitlement program after all, apparently to buy himself re-election in 2004. He put all the pressure the film analysis, White House could muster on House Republicans to vote for Medicare Part D and even suppressed internal administration estimates that it would cost far more than Congress believed. After holding the vote open for an unprecedented three hours, with Bush himself awakened in the middle of the night to apply pressure, the House Republican leadership was successful in ramming the analytical, legislation through after a few cowardly conservatives switched their votes. It’s worth remembering that Paul Ryan, among other so-called fiscal hawks, voted for this irresponsible, unfunded expansion of essays government. Suddenly, I felt adrift, politically and intellectually. I now saw many things I had long had misgivings about, such as all the Republican pork-barrel projects that Bush refused to veto, in sharper relief. They were no longer exceptions to essay minds conservative governance but its core during the essays to harvard, Bush 43 years. I began writing columns that were highly critical of Bush’s policies and minds those of Republicans in Congress—all based on solid conservative principles. In other words, I was criticizing them from the inside, from the right. In 2004 I got to know the journalist Ron Suskind, whose book The Price of Loyalty I had praised in research papers a column.

He and I shared an interest in trying to figure out what made Bush tick. Neither of us ever figured it out. A couple of weeks before the 2004 election, Suskind wrote a long article for the New York Times Magazine that quoted some of my comments to him that were highly critical of Bush and the drift of Republican policy. The article is best remembered for his quote from an anonymous White House official dismissing critics like me for being “the reality-based community.” The day after the article appeared, my boss called to chew me out, saying that Karl Rove had called him personally to complain about it. I promised to be more circumspect in the future. Interestingly, a couple of days after the Suskind article appeared, I happened to be at a reception for some right-wing organization that many of analytical dangerous minds my think tank friends were also attending. I assumed I would get a lot of grief for my comments in papers activity the Suskind article and was surprised when there was none at all. Finally, I started asking people about it. Analytical? Not one person had read it or cared in research papers of plants the slightest what the New York Times had to say about anything.

They all viewed it as having as much credibility as Pravda and a similar political philosophy as well. Some were indignant that I would even suspect them of reading a left-wing rag such as the New York Times . I was flabbergasted. Dangerous? Until that moment I had not realized how closed the right-wing mind had become. Even assuming that my friends’ view of the Times ’ philosophy was correct, which it most certainly was not, why would they not want to know what their enemy was thinking? This was my first exposure to what has been called “epistemic closure” among conservatives—living in their own bubble where nonsensical ideas circulate with no contradiction.

My growing alienation from the right created problems for me and my employer. I was read the riot act and told to do you score lay off Bush because my criticism was threatening contributions from right-wing millionaires in Dallas, many of whom were close personal friends of his. I decided to stick to writing columns on topics where I didn’t have to take issue with Republican policies and to channel my concerns into a book. I naively thought that a conservative critique of essay dangerous Bush when he was unable to run for reelection would be welcomed on the right since it would do no electoral harm. I also thought that once past the election, conservatives would turn on Bush to research papers on antimicrobial ensure that the 2008 Republican nomination would go to someone who would not make his mistakes. As I wrote the book, however, my utter disdain for Bush grew, as I recalled forgotten screw-ups and researched topics that hadn’t crossed my radar screen. Minds? I grew to memento analysis essay totally despise the man for his stupidity, cockiness, arrogance, ignorance, and essay dangerous minds general cluelessness. I also lost any respect for admission, conservatives who continued to analytical essay minds glorify Bush as the second coming of custom essays to harvard Ronald Reagan and as a man they would gladly follow to the gates of hell. Essay? This was either gross, willful ignorance or total insanity, I thought. My book, Impostor: How George W. Bush Bankrupted America and statement Betrayed the Reagan Legacy , was published in analytical essay dangerous February 2006.

I had been summarily fired by essays to harvard the think tank I worked for back in October 2005. Although the book was then only in manuscript, my boss falsely claimed that it was already costing the analytical minds, organization contributions. Memento? He never detailed, nor has anyone, any factual or analytical error in the book. Among the interesting reactions to dangerous my book is that I was banned from papers on antimicrobial of plants Fox News. Essay Dangerous? My publicist was told that orders had come down from on high that it was to receive no publicity whatsoever, not even attacks. Whoever gave that order was smart; attacks from the custom admission to harvard, right would have sold books. Being ignored was poison for sales. I later learned that the order to ignore me extended throughout Rupert Murdoch’s empire. For example, I stopped being quoted in analytical essay the Wall Street Journal .* Awhile back, a reporter who left the Journal confirmed to me that the custom essays, paper had given her orders not to analytical dangerous minds mention me.

Other dissident conservatives, such as David Frum and Andrew Sullivan, have told me that they are banned from Fox as well. More epistemic closure. Seeing the demographic trends toward an do you, increasingly nonwhite electorate, which were obvious in easily available census projections, I decided to write a book about how Republicans could deal with it. I concluded that the anti-immigrant attitude among the Republican base was too severe for the party to reach out meaningfully to the fast-growing Latino community. Recall that Bush’s proposal for immigration reform was soundly rejected by his own party. If Republicans had no hope of attracting Latino votes, what other nonwhite group could they attract? Maybe the time had come for them to make a major play for the black vote.

I thought that blacks and essay dangerous Latinos were natural political and economic competitors, and I saw in lyric essay poll data that blacks were receptive to essay minds a hardline position on illegal immigration. I also knew that many blacks felt ignored by thesis in hamlet Democrats, who simply took their votes for granted—as Republicans did for 60 years after the Civil War. If Republicans could only increase their share of the black vote from analytical dangerous minds 10 percent, which it had been since Goldwater, to the 30 percent level that Dwight Eisenhower enjoyed, it would have major electoral ramifications. The best way to get Republicans to read a book about reaching out for the black vote, I thought, was to detail the do you score, Democratic Party’s long history of analytical essay minds maltreatment of blacks. Papers Activity? After all, the essay minds, party was based in the South for essay contest win home, 100 years after the war, and all of the analytical essay minds, ugly racism we associate with that region was enacted and enforced by Democratic politicians. I was surprised that such a book didn’t already exist. I thought knowing the film analysis, Democratic Party’s pre-1964 history of minds racism, which is indisputable, would give Republicans a story to tell when they went before black groups to solicit votes. I thought it would also make Republicans more sympathetic to the problems of the black community, many of which are historical in their origins.

Analyses by thesis for revenge in hamlet economists and sociologists show that historical racism still holds back African-Americans even though it has diminished radically since the dangerous minds, 1960s. So I wrote Wrong on Race: The Democratic Party’s Buried Past . Unfortunately, it was published the day Barack Obama won the review essay, Iowa caucuses. But I still held out hope that Hillary Clinton, who was pandering to the white working class in unsubtle racial terms, would capture the Democratic nomination. The anger among blacks at having the nomination effectively stolen from Obama would make them highly receptive to GOP outreach, I believed. I even met with John McCain’s staff about this. As we know, McCain took a sharp right turn after Obama won the Democratic nomination. The Arizona senator abandoned any pretense of being a moderate or “maverick” and spent the campaign pandering to the Republican Party’s lowest common denominator. His decision to put the grossly unqualified Sarah Palin on his ticket was nothing short of irresponsible. Dangerous? Perhaps more importantly, it didn’t work, and Obama won easily. After the failure of my race book, I turned my attention again to economics. I had written an op-ed for the New York Times in 2007 suggesting that it was time to retire “supply-side economics” as a school of thought.

Having been deeply involved in its development, I felt that everything important the supply-siders had to say had now been fully incorporated into mainstream economics. Custom Essays? All that was left was nutty stuff like the Laffer Curve that alienated academic economists who were otherwise sympathetic to the supply-side view. I said the supply-siders should declare victory and essay minds go home. I decided to write a book elaborating my argument. Essay Contest Win Home? I thought I had a nice thesis to analytical essay put forward. All successful schools of economic thought follow a progression of being outsiders and revolutionaries, achieving success when economic circumstances cannot be explained by orthodox theory, acceptance for the dissidents, followed by inevitable failure when new circumstances arise that don’t fit the model, leading to the rise of a fresh school of thought. It was basically a Thomas Kuhnian view of economic theory. I thought I had two perfect examples that fit my model of the rise and fall of economic ideas: Keynesian economics and supply-side economics. Research Papers On Antimicrobial? I thought at essay dangerous minds, first I knew enough about the former to say what I wanted to say, but eventually I found the research I had previously done to be wanting.

It was based too much on what academics thought and not enough on how Keynesian ideas penetrated the policymaking community. I hit upon the idea of ignoring the academic journals and looking instead at what economists like John Maynard Keynes, Irving Fisher, and others said in admission to harvard newspaper interviews and articles for minds, popular publications. Recently computerized databases made such investigation far easier than it previously had been. After careful research along these lines, I came to score the annoying conclusion that Keynes had been 100 percent right in essay dangerous the 1930s. Previously, I had thought the activity of plants, opposite. But facts were facts and there was no denying my conclusion. It didn’t affect the argument in analytical essay dangerous my book, which was only about the film essay, rise and analytical essay dangerous minds fall of ideas. The fact that Keynesian ideas were correct as well as popular simply made my thesis stronger. I finished the book just as the seneca review promotes lyric, economy was collapsing in the fall of 2008.

This created another intellectual crisis for me. Having just finished a careful study of the 1930s, it was immediately obvious to me that the economy was suffering from the very same problem, a lack of aggregate demand. We needed Keynesian policies again, which completely ruined my nice rise-and-fall thesis. Keynesian ideas had arisen from the analytical essay dangerous, intellectual grave. The book needed to be rethought and rewritten from do you add essay scratch in light of essay minds new developments. Unfortunately, my publisher insisted on win home publishing it on schedule. I tried to essay dangerous minds repair the thesis, damage as best I could, but in the end the book was a mishmash of competing ideas with no clear narrative. It sold poorly.

On the minds, plus side, I think I had a very clear understanding of the economic crisis from day one. Promotes Essay? I even wrote another op-ed for the New York Times in December 2008 advocating a Keynesian cure that holds up very well in light of history. Annoyingly, however, I found myself joined at the hip to Paul Krugman, whose analysis was identical to analytical essay my own. I had previously viewed Krugman as an intellectual enemy and attacked him rather colorfully in an old column that he still remembers. For the do you add essay score, record, no one has been more correct in analytical dangerous his analysis and of plants prescriptions for the economy’s problems than Paul Krugman. The blind hatred for him on essay minds the right simply pushed me further away from memento analysis my old allies and analytical essay comrades.

The final line for me to cross in do you score complete alienation from the right was my recognition that Obama is analytical essay, not a leftist. Statement In Hamlet? In fact, he’s barely a liberal—and only analytical dangerous, because the political spectrum has moved so far to the right that moderate Republicans from the thesis for revenge, past are now considered hardcore leftists by right-wing standards today. Viewed in historical context, I see Obama as actually being on the center-right. At this point, I lost every last friend I had on the right. Analytical Essay? Some have been known to pass me in silence at the supermarket or even to cross the custom admission essays, street when they see me coming. People who were as close to me as brothers and sisters have disowned me. I think they believe they are just disciplining me, hoping I will admit error and ask for essay dangerous, forgiveness. For Revenge? They clearly don’t know me very well. Dangerous Minds? My attitude is papers activity, that anyone who puts politics above friendship is not someone I care to have in my life.

So here we are, post-election 2012. Analytical? All the stupidity and closed-mindedness that right-wingers have displayed over the last 10 years has come back to haunt them. It is now widely understood that the nation may be center-left after all, not center-right as conservatives thought. Overwhelming losses by Republicans to all the nation’s nonwhite voters have created a Democratic coalition that will govern the nation for do you add essay score sat, the foreseeable future. Tellingly, a key reason for Obama’s victory, according to exit polls, is none other than George W. Bush, whom 60 percent of voters primarily blame for the nation’s economic woes—an extraordinary fact when he has been out of office for four years. Even though they didn’t read my Impostor book, voters still absorbed its message. Although the approach I suggested in my race book was ill-timed, the minds, underlying theory is more true than ever. If Republicans can’t bring blacks into review promotes, their coalition, they are finished at the presidential level, given the rapid rise of the Latino population. Essay? Perhaps after 2016, they may be willing to put my strategy into operation.

The economy continues to film conform to textbook Keynesianism. We still need more aggregate demand, and the Republican idea that tax cuts for the rich will save us becomes more ridiculous by the day. People will long remember Mitt Romney’s politically tone-deaf attack on half the nation’s population for being losers, leeches, and moochers because he accurately articulated the essay, right-wing worldview. At least a few conservatives now recognize that Republicans suffer for epistemic closure. Research Papers On Antimicrobial Activity? They were genuinely shocked at analytical, Romney’s loss because they ignored every poll not produced by a right-wing pollster such as Rasmussen or approved by right-wing pundits such as the perpetually wrong Dick Morris. Living in the Fox News cocoon, most Republicans had no clue that they were losing or that their ideas were both stupid and seneca review essay politically unpopular. I am disinclined to think that Republicans are yet ready for analytical, a serious questioning of their philosophy or strategy. They comfort themselves with the fact that they held the House (due to gerrymandering) and think that just improving their get-out-the-vote system and throwing a few bones to the Latino community will fix their problem. There appears to be no recognition that their defects are far, far deeper and will require serious introspection and rethinking of how Republicans can win going forward. The alternative is permanent loss of the White House and probably the Senate as well, which means they can only temporarily block Democratic initiatives and never advance their own.

I’ve paid a heavy price, both personal and financial, for my evolution from papers on antimicrobial comfortably within the analytical dangerous, Republican Party and conservative movement to promotes lyric essay a less than comfortable position somewhere on the center-left. Honest to God, I am not a liberal or a Democrat. But these days, they are the only people who will listen to me. When Republicans and conservatives once again start asking my opinion, I will know they are on the road to recovery. Bruce Bartlett is the dangerous, author of The Benefit and the Burden: Tax Reform—Why We Need It and What It Will Take. *Gerald Seib, Washington bureau chief of the Wall Street Journal , has contacted me to say that it is flatly untrue that Journal reporters are prohibited from quoting me. I take him at his word and do not doubt his sincerity.

351 Responses to Revenge of the Reality-Based Community. “It is now widely understood that the research papers of plants, nation may be center-left after all, not center-right as conservatives thought.” To the extent that the essay, nation was “center right”, it was because the Silent Majority/Reagan Democrats resented the extension of the New Deal to minorities under the Great Society. For 40 years now, Republicans have used this fact to thesis for revenge convince themselves that Joe Sixpack is actually a firm believer in Ayn Rand, Hayek and Mises. In reality, the Trump voters have no problem with big government.

The widely mocked “get your government hands off my Medicare” guy from the Tea Party era was a John The Baptist of American politics, come to warn GOP vipers of the wrath to come.

Write My Paper -
Analytical essay dangerous minds - …

Why Should We Respect Our Elders Essays and Research Papers. ? RESPECT YOUR ELDERS Respect you elders . This statement may seem all too familiar, but is it really . being followed these days? Every day as I flip through the television, I witness discrimination against the old and wise. Frequently on television sitcoms I notice a false portrayal of old people as being boring and in poor health. The audience laughs as a teenager yells words at dangerous minds, a grandmother whose hearing is failing or a grandfather having trouble finding his false teeth. I don't know about the. Ageing , Death , Elderly care 892 Words | 3 Pages.

Respect Essay I am very lucky to statement for revenge, live in Canada, where this beautiful country has not been shattered by destruction of the land and dangerous . towns, but rather provides protection from it, and delivers respectful education, freedom, and safety so that we don’t need to live a decided life, or a life of custom admission essays to harvard fear. What is “respectful education”? Well, you could say that it is education that teaches children not only essay minds curriculum, but also how to be respectful to everyone and everything around them, you may. Creator deity , Democracy , Dictatorship 883 Words | 3 Pages. Respecting my elders , and everyone else, just comes natural to me, because when I was just a little girl, I was taught that I must always . respect my elders , if I didn't, I'd get a slap on my face by my parents. Seneca Review Lyric Essay? As I grew up, I came to analytical dangerous minds, realize the true meaning of the phrase, respect your elders , and I agree fully with my mother's teachings. I not only respected my elders , but I respected everyone around me. When I had my children, I taught them the same way my parents taught me, on how to respect their. Ageing , Ageism , Death 1559 Words | 5 Pages.

Importance of respecting elders : It is very important for each one of us to to harvard, learn to . respect others. We cannot retain knowledge, if we do not respect our Parents, Teachers, and elders . Respect for others is expressed in analytical dangerous minds many different ways like bowing down to elders , taking good care of our books, paying attention in class; listening to our parents, being polite to everybody which results in good manners and lyric essay good behaviour. Analytical Minds? Respect destroys the thesis for revenge ego and pride. Bowing , Grammatical person , Human behavior 1022 Words | 3 Pages. Why Should We Respect Our Teachers. WHY WE SHOULD RESPECT OUR TEACHERS We should . respect our teachers because if we don’t respect people, that are more complex and more experienced than us it will reflect on minds, us earlier down in our lives. Although sometimes our teachers may make a fool of us and humiliate us and sometimes embarrass us in the cruelest ways we should not retaliate in a bad way. If we know all the rules in the school we should report it to statement in hamlet, the principal or someone that is a part of the school and analytical essay dangerous is able to score sat, tell the essay dangerous teacher. Core issues in promotes lyric ethics , Education , English-language films 623 Words | 2 Pages.

chose the word respect for my definition essay, and asked my mom what I should write about, she started singing an Aretha . Franklin song, which I have heard, but I do not know it that well, so I looked up the lyrics. (What you want Baby, I got What you need Do you know I got it? All I'm askin' Is for a little respect when you come home (just a little bit) Hey baby (just a little bit) when you get home (just a little bit) mister (just a little bit) Lyrics from the essay dangerous minds song, Respect by Aretha. 1990 singles , Aretha Franklin , Respect 867 Words | 2 Pages. Why Should We Protect Our Environment. Nowadays you must have heard about the growing concern towards global environmental problems. One may ask why there is so much concern about essays, . the environment.

The answer is simple and analytical dangerous minds clear; our very existence depends on conservation of the memento environment. The unprecedented economic progress of 19th and analytical minds 20th centuries has pushed the environmental and ecological awareness into on antimicrobial activity of plants the background. Analytical Essay Minds? However, today the whole world, particularly the developing countries, faces a near-crisis situation – both economic. Conservation movement , Developed country , Developing country 778 Words | 3 Pages. Danylle Payne # 4713 Christian Lifestyle Midterm Essay Our Christian life is based on the word of memento film God and nothing else. As a Christian . we are held to a higher standard. We should abstain from minds, alcoholic drink. Statement In Hamlet? The bible clearly shows that drinking alcoholic beverages result in cheating, hypocrisy, pride, and minds blasphemy. The spiritual damage caused is not worth it, not only that but the physical health problems as well.

Christians should act responsibly concerning their personal testimony and influence. Alcohol , Alcoholic beverage , Alcoholism 1440 Words | 4 Pages. ?Topic: Why should we attend university? For people who have already finished high school, one of the contest win home choices they . will have to make is whether to continue to higher education, which means going to college or university, or to start working and planning their life right away. Different people will have different choices of their own, but for me, I think there are two main reasons why we should attend college or university. Dangerous Minds? The first thing that perhaps anyone would think about going to college. Academic degree , College , Education 1212 Words | 3 Pages. Elder abuse, A Social Problem Elderly abuse has not been researched enough, although there has been recent expansion on custom admission essays, the research of . abuse of the elderly. However, it is still lacking adequate theory because there has not been enough research done, data collected on dangerous minds, why it happens, or the promotes lyric essay characteristics of the abuser and victim.

There are some diseases that cannot always be treated or prevented, but negligence and abuse can always be prevented. Analytical Essay Dangerous? By learning to recognize the signs and symptoms. Abuse , Child abuse , Domestic violence 1199 Words | 4 Pages. Why We Should Never Sacrifice Knowledge. ?Greavu 1 John Greavu Mark Herr Philosophy 1002 17 December 2012 Annas vs. Driver: Why We Should Never Sacrifice . On Antimicrobial Activity? Knowledge For as long as we Homo sapiens have been capable of reasoning, we have pondered how we ought to live our lives. What constitutes a “good” life? What constitutes a “bad” one?

How should we treat the world, and how should we treat ourselves? What does “good” even mean? Although the answers to these questions are understandably still quite foggy, it seems safe to say that the general. Ethics , Virtue 1791 Words | 7 Pages. We Should Not Put Our Families in analytical essay dangerous Nursing Homes. We should not put our families in lyric essay nursing home Purpose . To persuade my audience why they should not put their family members in analytical essay dangerous minds a nursing home. Introduction Do you have a disable or elderly family member that can not do for themselves? We as people need to think about where we place our family members as far as nursing homes and facilities. Essay Win Home? Many of you may not have any disable. Care of residents , Geriatrics , Healthcare occupations 1007 Words | 3 Pages. I have been given the opportunity to compare both legal systems.

By comparing both systems, I was able to evaluate the essay minds positive and negative factors . Film Essay? involved and thus structure the regulations that should obey. There is a list of factors that influence the decisions why some obey the analytical dangerous minds law and why some do not: background, financial stability, education; they all affect the decisions that people make such as talking on the phone while driving or get in a car knowingly that there is alcohol in the. Black-and-white films , Common law , Ethics 732 Words | 3 Pages. Why Should I Be Moral? The question of morality proves to be a complex interrogatory. Research Of Plants? Should I be moral? If I . Dangerous Minds? should be, then why ? Why is essays to harvard morality important to society? An assumption can be made that morals derive from a purely religious perspective or the Golden Rule approach. Minds? We are told that it is statement in hamlet right to be moral. This is an ineffective answer, since it does not apply to someone outside the moral circle (Olsen, 79). This in essay minds mind, there is really no way to prove this too a person.

Ethics , Eudaimonia , Happiness 1406 Words | 5 Pages. Position Paper: We should change our lifestyles and eating habits to decrease Global Warming ENGL135 Advanced . Contest? Composition DeVry University We should change our lifestyles and analytical eating habits to essays to harvard, decrease Global Warming We should change our lifestyles and eating habits to decrease Global Warming The menace of global warming is looming to analytical, destroy humanity and it is absolutely crucial for us to pay utmost importance to this cause and add essay score do everything possible in to ensure that we are not contributing. Atmosphere , Carbon dioxide , Fossil fuel 949 Words | 3 Pages. Title: How Should We Spend Our Time? Introduction It is only fitting that November is chosen to be the Stewardship . month and a very timely occasion to remind us of the abundant gifts, many talents and vast resources that God has blessed us and analytical dangerous entrusted us to be used in the building of His kingdom, in service to the church and in helping others. November is custom admission to harvard a sensible month to celebrate Stewardship because UCCP recognizes the importance of proper management and effective utilization of analytical essay dangerous our time, wealth. Bible , Christianity , Gospel of film essay Luke 2569 Words | 5 Pages. I, have always respected authority, I believe it is always imperative to respect authority, as shortly after I entered the Marine Corps I heard . Essay Dangerous? a story about a NCO that told a LCPL to get over essay here now and he did and right after he moved the berm where he had been standing was shot right where his head would have been.

I remember that story from when my gunny told it to me when I first got to the fleet it’s something I don’t think I will ever forget it is one of the analytical things that reminds me every day. Corporal , Military rank , Non-commissioned officer 1655 Words | 4 Pages. How Congress Works and Why We Should Care? How Congress Works and Why Should you Care Many Americans in today's society will find it difficult to answer the question of . Do You Sat? what Congress exactly does and why it exists. Others simply don't care and see Congress as a failed system where nothing gets done.

Lee Hamilton, in his book Why Congress Works and analytical dangerous Why you Should Care, proves these people wrong and gives an insider's look at what Congress actually does do and how it affects every American each day. Congress has come a long way since. Democracy , Federal government of the seneca review promotes essay United States , Judiciary 1910 Words | 5 Pages. Why should we have pets? (More reasons) 1. What are the reasons why pets should be . allowed in the Marco Polo building? * Pets make loyal, lovable friends * Pets teach you how to take care of others * Pets teach you about responsibility * A pet can help you learn about analytical essay dangerous, animals * Playing with pets can make you feel happy * Having a pet can keep you from feeling lonely or depressed * Pets are good for your health * Your whole family can share the add essay score sat benefits of. Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder , Cortisol , Dog 1688 Words | 5 Pages. Introduction How should we live our lives? This question is the analytical essay minds most confusing question that many of people lost . Do You Sat? there lives trying to answer. Many philosophers, sociologists and thinkers consumed many years trying to put theories, concepts, and norms to guide others to the most efficient way to live. One thing I had discovered is that life is analytical minds easier than many people think you should have to open your eyes and start to admission essays, enjoy life, instead of trying to minds, explain it. This book will not be a guide or. Aerosmith , Answer , Death 937 Words | 3 Pages.

should a millitary demand a respect? ? Should a military leader demand respect or should it be gained? Discuss. First of do you score all, we need . to understand the definition of leader. Leader is someone that can lead his men and even control them.

The roles of leader were broad as many things he needs to look after for essay, example the welfare of his men and so on. In terms of respect , it can be gain or it can be naturally. It depends on how the admission to harvard leader express theirself to analytical dangerous minds, their men. You’ve got to give it to get it. Gaining respect is a process. Charismatic authority , Ethics , Leadership 2475 Words | 7 Pages.

Why Should We Conserve Our Coral Reefs Before Its Too Late? Why Should We Conserve Our Coral Reefs Before Its Too Late? The International Union for . Conservation of Nature’s latest report warns that half of the for revenge in hamlet coral reefs could disappear by 2045. Coral reefs are diverse ecosystems that support different kinds of fish species and other organisms under the sea. They are home to analytical, as many as 150,000 species in any given coral reef (Harris 1060). They are located in warm, shallow, and seneca promotes essay tropical marine waters where there is enough sunlight available for the coral. Algae , Cnidaria , Coral 1237 Words | 4 Pages.

be a complex interrogatory. Should I be moral? If I should be, then why ? Why is morality . important to essay, society? An assumption can be made that morals derive from add essay score, a purely religious perspective or the Golden Rule approach. We are told that it is right to be moral. This is an analytical essay minds, ineffective answer, since it does not apply to lyric essay, someone outside the moral circle This in analytical essay mind, there is really no way to prove this too a person who wants to know why he/she should be moral.

According to Olen. Business ethics , Ethics , Eudaimonia 2395 Words | 7 Pages. We should legalize marijuana because it would be a great tax source for the government, it would help out farmers, it would . create many jobs, it would eliminate a good majority of the jail population, it would lessen the contest amount of analytical essay dangerous tension that we see around us, and it is a safe drug. Although there are many good reasons that we should legalize marijuana, there are also some good reasons that we should not legalize it. Statement For Revenge? These include it would increase the essay minds amount of lazy people, it might be hard to. Cannabis , Legality of cannabis by essay country , Tax 843 Words | 3 Pages. This is the age old question that is analytical essay dangerous minds so frequently asked that no one has a true answer. Essay? You have the people on one side saying that it will scar . Analytical Dangerous? our children and nothing good can come from it, and review promotes you have the essay minds other half that believe it is the best way to analysis, discipline our children.

So who do we believe? In my opinion I believe parents have the right to discipline their children, as long as it doesn’t surpass child abuse. Dangerous? I understand smacking your kid on the butt, but not on their arms or other extremities. Aggression , Buttocks , Corporal punishment 1162 Words | 3 Pages. Why Our Troops should withdraw from Afghanistan. ?Philosophy 106 First Paper Assignment Why our Troops Should Withdrawal From Afghanistan On September . 11th 2001 the United States witnessed one of the admission essays to harvard worst terroristic attacks in U.S history.

Nineteen terrorists that were apart of an Islamic group hijacked four planes crashing them into various areas around the United States, committing suicide along with many innocent citizens. Two separate planes hit the world trade center in New York City, while a plane also hit the pentagon as well. Afghanistan , Al-Qaeda , Iraq War 1653 Words | 4 Pages. me with one question; that why should we study poetry at all? I think I know just the analytical essay dangerous right words to answer it. . Poetry is a voice given to essay, each one of us in our life time. It can be a roar, a scream or even a whisper. Analytical Essay Dangerous Minds? This voice can be used to express a variety of things. Often, people use poetry to express how they feel when they are misunderstood. Writing your feelings down in admission essays the form of poetry allows you be seen through the eyes of another person, and dangerous this is why poetry is important to me. . Debut albums , Emotion , Literature 730 Words | 3 Pages. Respect , respect , respect , that's what my father always said to me. Lyric Essay? Growing up in essay minds a typical Chinese family, I have . learnt the importance of seneca promotes lyric Respect , whether it is towards your grandparents, friends or your teachers.

Although most of essay dangerous them are just simple things, it really shows your respect towards others. To show your respect towards others, there are often things you must not do. For example, if you respect your parents or your grandparents, you wouldn't just pat their heads, dropping their wig. China , English-language films , Family 1002 Words | 3 Pages. Respect Respect , especially in the Army is thesis in hamlet a very important value to live by.

It is much more than just talking kindly and analytical minds . listening to someone, it is the review lyric process of analytical essay minds taking into consideration someone’s emotions, feelings and needs. You must also focus on thesis statement in hamlet, their ideas, thoughts, and preferences. It is showing someone that you value their time; that you care what they have to essay dangerous, say. Showing someone respect allows that person to know and acknowledge that you comprehend and essays believe in what they are. Military , Non-commissioned officer , People 2857 Words | 7 Pages. Why we should raise the minimum wage. Narin Gopaul Professor Flanagan Enc1101 8/4/2013 It's the analytical essay dangerous year 2014, and do you add essay we are in the state of the financial crisis which is analytical dangerous minds still being . felt across the lyric nation by the majority of Americans. Many Americans who have worked on minimum wages are struggling to analytical essay dangerous, live on research papers on antimicrobial activity, a salary that is below the poverty threshold. Essay Minds? In 2012, the U.S census posted that in a family of essay contest three; their income is 18,552, (U.S Census).

In most case, one member of the family is working on a minimum wage salary which is below. Employment , Inflation , Minimum wage 1187 Words | 4 Pages. Have We Taken Our Independence for Granted? HAVE WE TAKEN OUR INDEPENDENCE FOR GRANTED . Today as we freely move around in . our country without anyone questioning or imposing any kinds of restrictions on us we feel satisfied and contended. Analytical Dangerous? But this satisfaction is due to the efforts taken by to harvard our freedom fighters or national leaders to free our country from the British rule. Its because of our them that today we are enjoying are freedom. Their satyagrahas, sacrifices, and tortures have resulted in the freedom that. Bhagat Singh , India , Lage Raho Munna Bhai 881 Words | 3 Pages. Why We Should Lower the Drinking Age. Only now, in the modern day United States of America alcohol carries much more controversial social implications.

The authorities, our . government, and worried parents see it as the devil’s drink, bringing with it only dangerous irresponsibility, self destructive habits, and a general decline in standard of behavior. Meanwhile it is held up by social media and marketing to cater to our adolescents, flooding their malleable minds with images of fame, fortune, sex appeal, care-free living and artificial maturity. Alcohol , Alcohol abuse , Alcoholic beverage 1444 Words | 4 Pages. Should We Blame Television? The amount of violence shown in the media has posed a lot of custom admission essays to harvard controversy. Many video games, . television programs, adverts, films and analytical dangerous minds music lyrics depict different forms of violence.

Some people feel that there is too much violence exposed in the media. Many studies have made the contest claim that the media is responsible for much of the analytical essay minds violence seen in the world we live in. Sat? However, people have choices and responsibilities, we cannot allow ourselves to blame the violence in. Juliette Lewis , Mass media , Media violence research 1210 Words | 4 Pages. 1. Why should we think marketing strategically? Assignment 1. Why should we think marketing strategically? (On industry of your choice) The . short version “to respond to a changing external business environment” Introduction The main reason to essay, think marketing strategically is the competition and seneca the ever changing Business environment. The market is always in analytical dangerous minds constant flux so in order to on antimicrobial activity, gain an edge over analytical essay dangerous minds our competitor we have to understand them first: there are four levels of competitors we should look out for:- Similar product. Market research , Marketing , Marketing plan 1813 Words | 7 Pages. Why we are shallow HINDSIGHT By F Sionil Jose (The Philippine Star) Updated September 12, 2011 12:00 AM I was visited by an . old Asian friend who lived here 10 years ago.

I was floored by his observation that though we have lots of talented people, as a whole, we continue to be shallow. Recently, I was seated beside former Senator Letty Shahani, PhD in Comparative Literature from the Sorbonne, watching a medley of custom essays to harvard Asian dances. The stately and classical Japanese number with stylized movements. Knowledge 1325 Words | 4 Pages. ?The title: ELDERS PEOPLE. Prepared by: Zamriatunnisa Binti Moeinuddin 2011757269 Elders People An . old disease cannot be avoided. Perhaps by using certain medications to face, stay beautiful and minds healthy body can slow the sat aging process.

In fact, we are encouraged to analytical essay dangerous, pray to God to memento film analysis, lengthen life. However, every living being will experience old age. Little by little the face and essay dangerous the body will show signs of aging. Edge points will be wrinkled, flabby skin, often feel aches. Ageing , Ageism , Aging 1096 Words | 4 Pages. Why Should We Respect Difference in research papers on antimicrobial activity of plants Others. Guillermo Nigaglioni September 25, 2010 Ad English-02 Mrs. Analytical Dangerous Minds? Wanda Miranda Why Should We . Respect Difference in Others Everyone has a quality that makes them different from other people. If you don’t like or respect other’s qualities, they will do the same to you and you won’t like that.

Also, if you don’t like that quality, don’t tell them. Seneca Promotes Lyric Essay? Just keep it to yourself and analytical no one gets their feelings hurt. Others can also hate you for your own qualities because no one is. 2002 albums , Debut albums , Difference 502 Words | 2 Pages. Respect By Unknown June 13, 2013 Respect is important. On Antimicrobial Activity Of Plants? Respect your elders always and never . talk back to them.

Stand up in the presence of the elderly, and essay dangerous show respect for the aged. Do You Sat? Fear your God. For I am your Lord. A fierce and heartless nation that shows no respect for analytical essay dangerous minds, the old and no pity for the young. Its armies will be devoured their livestock and crops will perish, and thesis statement in hamlet they will be destroyed. Now the sons of Eli were scoundrels who had no respect for the lord. Analytical Essay Dangerous? Like I said before respect. 2009 albums , If You Have to Ask , Interpersonal relationship 1696 Words | 4 Pages. Respect In this lifetime there is alot to respect , Not only film respect people, elders , teachers, . bosses, but you have to essay dangerous minds, respect the traffic laws, cultural traditions and other people's feelings and rights, We develop great respect for people we consider honest and papers activity lose respect for those we discover to essay dangerous minds, be fake, and so we may try to respect only seneca essay those who are truly worthy of our respect . Essay? We may learn that jobs and research activity relationships become unbearable if we receive no respect in analytical essay minds them; in certain social. Need , Respect , Virtue 831 Words | 3 Pages.

The Law Why We Should or Shouldn't Obey. ideas have changed over essay contest win home time, the law in general still exist in today's society. The idea of law was intended for order and avoiding citizens from essay dangerous, revolting . and score rebelling against the government. People should obey the law because the law creates a stable and safer society. There are many reasons why people obey the law People obey the law because of religious values, fear of punishment, costs, and it protects the weak. Essay Minds? Obey Citizens can choose to obey the law because of religious beliefs. The.

Andre the Giant Has a Posse , Black-and-white films , Citizenship 1068 Words | 3 Pages. Why respect is so important in today’s society and add essay what exactly is respect ? Respect is a combination . of appreciation, admiration as well as recognition of analytical essay dangerous a person being worth something, or having earned a position because of their achievements. It could feel at times vague to some people, but most people understand and act with respect . In our modern world respect is sometimes confused with fear. Statement? For instance, Gangs, they kill and essay dangerous minds they fight to research on antimicrobial, earn respect from others but what they actually receive. Employment , Feeling , Human 1321 Words | 4 Pages.

Why Should We Protect Endangered Animals? Di 1132300015 Prevention is better than cure We are living in an age of fast-paced development. Minds? People are spending much time and money . trying to create new things or even go out of the essay contest win home Earth, but human beings and animals are always inter-connected. Young people (n.d.) says that: Today around 5000 species of animals and over 25000 species of plants are endangered. Since 1900 more species than ever before have become extinct, and scientists think we may even be losing one species a day at minds, the moment. Animal rights , Biodiversity , Endangered species 1085 Words | 3 Pages. Why Should We Explore Jupiter’s Moon Europa? Bruce Silver Professor Shawn Dry History 1520 14 June 2010 Why Should We Explore Jupiter’s Moon Europa? The . Film Essay? planet Jupiter, some 500 million miles from essay dangerous, Earth is film essay a very unique planet. Essay Dangerous? Besides being 1200-1500 (estimates vary) times larger than the Earth, The planet Jupiter is surrounded by papers a small solar system by itself.

The planet Jupiter has some 72 moons orbiting it at analytical, present count, and these moons come in essays to harvard all shapes, sizes, and physical variations. Analytical? Many of these moons have quite interesting. Earth , Europa , Gravitation 987 Words | 3 Pages. Why Drugs Should Not Be Legalized. Why drugs should not be legalize We ask ourselves what are these great risks on film essay, us . Analytical Essay Dangerous? consuming illegalized drugs.

We are constantly exposed to papers on antimicrobial activity of plants, all sorts of analytical essay minds illegal drugs especially young adults at school, parties and even on the local beaches. Essays To Harvard? Were surrounded by dangerous minds it all through out of lives, being pressured to consume them and take risk on becoming addicted. Do You? Not only analytical essay this, but we are presented with all other types or drugs, such as over the counter for a simple cold, pain relievers. Addiction , Drug , Drug addiction 1491 Words | 4 Pages. Why We Must Vaccinate Our Children. ? Why We Must Vaccinate Our Children Today’s society of parents are naive and uneducated of the essay true risks and . benefits associated with vaccines. Analytical Dangerous Minds? The belief that pharmaceutical companies are merely out for the financial gain has caused many parents to refuse to activity, properly vaccinate their children, doing what they ultimately think is best and essay dangerous minds putting them at risk for potentially life-threatening illnesses and diseases.

By not vaccinating, I fully believe that a parent is signing their children’s death. HPV vaccine , Human papillomavirus , Immune system 1052 Words | 5 Pages. Why Should We Protect Intellectual Property. Why should we protect intellectual property? (By Igor Gorshkov, for Sr. Carlos Rivadulla Oliva – Intellectual . property) I’d like to start my answer with a simple example, that comes to my mind: You know “Kalashnikov” automatic gun, right. On of the essay most popular automatic guns in dangerous minds the whole world, that combines in custom essays to harvard itself simplicity, reliability and at the same time effectiveness.

It was invented in the USSR in essay 1947 by a very smart Russian scientist Michal Kalashnikov. How ever, not many. Automatic firearm , Copyright , Creativity 983 Words | 3 Pages. Respect Your Elders When I was a child, my mother had a desk job at a nursing home. Much to my horror, she would often drag me . along to score sat, Christmas parties, bingo games, and other events. Analytical Essay Dangerous Minds? The place felt more like a haunted house than a rest home. Custom Admission Essays To Harvard? On top of the moaning and hollering throughout the halls, there was something about the analytical essay minds smell. It was not the loneliness of the old folks with so many stories that no one wanted to custom essays to harvard, hear that bothered me. I was not the bed sores or the dangerous minds staff infections. Certified Nursing Assistant , Gerontology , Healthcare occupations 954 Words | 3 Pages.

Why should we eat breakfast everyday? ?Xuan My Tran Professor Courtney Anderson Public Speaking T/TH 4:00 22, April 2014 Persuasive Speech- Why Should . We Eat Breakfast Every Day? Specific purpose: Significant changes need to be implemented to memento film essay, benefit our health. Thesis: In order to address this topic we will examine first, what exactly the problem is, second, it effects, and essay dangerous finally, what we can do to make this change to our lifestyle. I. Introduction: Attention Getter: How do you feel when you wake up in custom admission essays to harvard the morning? Some of.

Dieting , Health , Heart 1160 Words | 4 Pages. Why Should We Oppose Death Penalty. Excellency, The President of India, Rashtrapathi Bhavan, New Delhi – 110 001. Sub: Yours Excellency, We appreciate your . initiative for creating a debate on abolishing Death Penalty in India. The points in observation note that has forwarded to Home Ministry (Source : Frontline November 5) was extra ordinary, which shows that Death Penalty will die at analytical dangerous, the earliest. WHY SHOULD WE OPPOSE THE DEATH PENALTY? The thoughts of a Man on Death Row The feelings of seneca lyric essay some one who knows that he. Amnesty International , Capital punishment , Crime 1396 Words | 5 Pages. These remarks encapsulate Epicurus’s views on our attitudes towards death. What argument does he provide for why we should not fear death?

views on our attitudes towards death. What argument does he provide for why we should not fear death? . Analytical Dangerous Minds? What is the ethical purpose of this argument for on antimicrobial activity, how we should live our lives? Do you agree with Epicurus’s view? Why or why not? Epicurus was Philosopher in analytical essay minds the Hellenistic period, he presents the research papers of plants idea that man should strive for the ‘good life’ attaining happiness through the pursuit of analytical essay pleasure. In “Letter to thesis, Menoeccus,” Epicurus discusses these ethics and views on how we should live our lives. Death , Epicureanism , Epicurus 1087 Words | 3 Pages.

Assignment 1 Final draft Yi Chen Should we lie? What is the conversation? In the class . we did talk a lot about essay dangerous minds, that. Some said very simply, “it’s talking”; some other used dictionary and said “it’s the exchange of information.” They are all right but my definition for the term “conversation” is that it’s basically the one of the connections between human beings, which is considered as the most important one and serves as the do you add essay score cornerstone of the analytical dangerous minds human society. Dances and. Human , Lie , Real life 1464 Words | 4 Pages. Bashir Muttawa Ecology essay Nov 16 Should we burn our food for fuel? Contents Introduction 3 . Why do we do this 3 Conclusion 4 Bibliography 4 Why do we burn fossil fuels Introduction The Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 mandates that by 2022 36 billion gallons of biofuels will be produced in the United States. 15 billion gallons of this biofuel is expected to custom admission to harvard, come from corn. (1) This will require the sacrifice of enough food to feed 166,000,000 people--over half.

Carbon , Carbon dioxide , Coal 971 Words | 3 Pages. Nicole Twum-Ampofo Why do we suffer? Suffering. Analytical Dangerous? It exists, but we try to papers activity of plants, ignore it. Some of analytical minds us can . handle it and push it aside thinking someone else should be suffering, not me, and some of us cant. Very few of memento film us can actually accept that suffering exist, and those same very few people, work extremely hard to get rid of it.

Its sad knowing that majority of people that know it exists does not know how to dangerous minds, get rid of it. But some people question how to add essay score sat, eliminate it and wonder where it comes. Buddhism , Christianity , God 1696 Words | 4 Pages. Should Old People Be Allowed to Drive. Should Old People be allowed to Drive? The debate of whether old people should be allowed to drive is often brought up by . Minds? younger drivers, the reality is essay win home that all able bodied people who are healthy should be able to drive but as old age arrives it is inevitable our health will decrease. There are many different arguments on this subject and it is a wide spoken debate amongst road users, I will concentrate on both opinions and arrive at a conclusion as to analytical, whether old people should be allowed to. Ageing , Driver's license , Gerontology 1428 Words | 4 Pages.

Respect Respect is to show regard or consideration towards someone or something. It can be defined as a positive feeling of memento film essay . appreciation towards a person or thing. Respect expresses the regard and consideration shown by an individual towards others. Analytical Dangerous Minds? Respect cannot be demanded, it is an asset that has to be earned. From childhood we are taught to respect our parents, elders , teachers and the list goes on. There is a personal form of respect , which is well known as self- respect . If an individual.

Feeling , Human behavior , Individual 1262 Words | 3 Pages. THE ROLE OF ELDERS IN PRESERVING INDIGENOUS CULTURE . indigenous people and take away the remains of their fore fathers and ancestors, listening to people involved and memento finding out analytical essay dangerous minds why it happened . should be made in a plain language.” (Bob Sam, 2013) Dissemination of essay contest information should be made to students to avoid making such mistakes again. Repatriation (The return of human remains to the right place) is the main goal of essay dangerous this Native elder of the seneca promotes lyric essay TRINGLET Tribe in Alaska. The Collision between worlds; one who sees the remains as bones as and the other which. Ainu people , Human , Indigenous Australians 1955 Words | 5 Pages. may think. C. Today we will be talking about analytical, why cheerleading should be a sport, the research activity mental and essay minds physical . Film Analysis? strength it takes, how other sports relate to cheer, how much time it takes, and what injuries can be involved with it.

2. Why cheer should be a sport? A. Cheer is analytical essay minds one of my favorite sports because it takes practice, strive for perfection, endurance, and its year around. I. I’m not saying that your sports don’t have that too, just stating why it’s my favorite sport. . 2008 albums , Basketball , Cheering 1002 Words | 3 Pages. Respect is something that everyone in life wants to receive from everybody that they deal with on a day to day basis. From my first hand . experience I can tell u that respect is one thing that has to do you score, be earned. Analytical Essay Dangerous? A lot of people think that people should give them respect just because they are alive well sorry to say it does not work that way , if it worked that easy then respect would mean nothing to anybody. I personally give respect until someone gives me a reason to seneca review promotes, not respect them. In my personal. Armed forces , Army , Combat 1685 Words | 4 Pages.

Why Medicinal Marijuana Should be Legal. Why Medicinal Marijuana Should be Legal For the past decade, talk of Medical Marijuana legalization has been a huge debate . in analytical essay dangerous the United States. Individuals on admission to harvard, both sides of the issue refuse to essay minds, concede to review lyric, each other. Everyone is convinced that their opinion on the issue is the analytical dangerous right opinion. Doctors and for revenge Physicians on both sides have researched this issue to the end. Essay Dangerous? My question to those who oppose; is custom admission essays marijuana more harmful than the essay dangerous minds prescription drugs Doctors so easily prescribe today? I understand. Cannabis , Drugs , Food and Drug Administration 917 Words | 3 Pages. ENGL 250 Should A Woman Be President? Should a woman be president? I don’t think so.

I hear all of the time “women are . equal to men”, and “women are just as capable as men to lead our country”, and most of all, “women should not stay home barefooted and pregnant”. The people that are saying these things are convincing women that they can become president. There are several reasons why a woman should never think about becoming president. Face it; we women bleed uterine lining out of statement for revenge certain. Childbirth , Female , Gender 1349 Words | 4 Pages.

Write my Paper for Cheap in High Quality -
Dangerous Minds - A Film Analysis - A …

a better world essay Share your teaching story or professional reflection. subscribe to journal. on Place, Service, and Sustainability. Los Angeles, California. The Social and Public Art. Becoming More Human, Building a Better World. Dangerous Minds! What is it all about?

Why engage in service-learning and place-based education—if not to improve ourselves and to improve the world around us? This question—how do individuals fit within and seneca review lyric essay contribute to broader community?—has been driving liberal education, community education, and philosophy for quite literally hundreds of years. As many of the essay dangerous, most interesting community development solutions and educational methodologies that exist today are profoundly place-based and culturally and temporally-specific, is there anything that unites us? The question presses harder as travel and essays communication become more affordable. We have the opportunity to engage in cooperative and community-based development efforts that span countries, civil societies, and analytical citizenships. Locally, our cities and do you add essay score now towns are increasingly diverse. We may walk through several ways of being and knowing just on the way to the store. In our contemporary moment, conscious of the many harms done by universalizing logics and civilizing mandates throughout history, we must be able to imagine at least a tentative answer. We must be able to point, albeit loosely, the direction we’re headed. If we have not gotten better at a precise answer to how we improve ourselves and the world around us, we have certainly complicated the answer(s). Essay Minds! We do not lack for passion in pursuit of the question.

In my role teaching and facilitating learning in university-community engagements in statement for revenge in hamlet, the US and around the world, I’ve seen the full range of tears, concerns, and fundamental life changes following from analytical dangerous anger and outrage at our everyday, omnipresent injustices. A student named Andrea broke down in tears in do you add essay score sat, a US shopping mall following her return from analytical essay minds a service-learning experience in a Bolivian orphanage, where she everyday cared for babies whose lives would be fundamentally altered with just a fraction of the resources traded in that mall on a given day. A colleague named Maria left conventional study abroad—absolutely resigned from her staff position at a strong, established university—after her first experience with global service-learning. She saw how our conventional patterns of learning, exchange, and politics continuously perpetuated a world of injustice. So she walked away. We don’t all need to walk away. We do all need to do our part. A community organizer who runs an all-encompassing human services agency up the street from my office shared it with me this way, “When we get new interns, I ask them if they’re interested in becoming more human.

If they’re interested in growing as people, in better connecting as people, in being better people, then we can work with them – because they’ll develop relationships with people in our community. If they just want technical skills, they’re not for us.”. We do wish to become more human—or to be better citizens, or cosmopolitans, or global justice advocates, or, or, or… but our age is also marked by a ubiquitous uncertainty born of centuries of good intentions gone awry. This essay is about acting in the context of that broad awareness. It’s about understanding the lyric, legacy of racism, sexism, colonialism, and hundreds of years of other inequities and analytical essay dangerous horrors, and nonetheless figuring out how – today – we can still manage to cooperate and continue building a better world together. That better world includes US communities as much as it does communities elsewhere; in fact that world will not be built until we can think of others as brothers and custom admission essays to harvard sisters first and as nationalities second. It will also not be built until people from positions of analytical essay minds, power and privilege can cooperate with their economically devastated neighbors five miles away as much as they may cooperate with international charities and global justice efforts. This generation IS acting to address injustice.

There is ample empirical evidence: young people seek out and engage in service-learning; increasing numbers of students are daring to explore untraditional study abroad destinations; young people have founded NGOs to work with refugees in Africa or internally displaced people in Colombia; it was young people who played a major role in getting funding to fight AIDS in Africa on statement for revenge in hamlet, the US agenda. We are pushing harder on global social issues than ever before. It is analytical essay our responsibility to realize greater global justice. We can no longer pretend the world ends at the shore. Nor, of course, can we pretend that injustice only begins at promotes, the shore. And yet we have so often organized our efforts through the exclusionary lenses of citizenship and faith. We are not merely citizens, we are not merely Christians. We are human.

Our efforts are making a broad difference. Yet these efforts are hard to name precisely. That is both good and bad. It’s hard to raise money for essay dangerous minds, a movement that refuses to fit into a bumper sticker. It’s also hard to raise an army. And that’s part of the reason this generation’s movement is itself deliberately pluralistic. It recognizes the thesis statement for revenge, long history of misguided attempts to promote the good. Yet continuing to build a better world binds us together. We explicitly recognize the essay dangerous minds, great danger in supposing to solve others’ problems, in attempting to do justice, or simply in interacting with other cultures disrespectfully. That recognition and challenge requires that each person who works toward some sense of global community thinks about the impacts their actions have in travel, in service, and in their daily lived lives.

It requires listening to local voices and perspectives about their specific wishes in relation to visitors who desire good works. And it requires thorough thinking that attempts to consider the do you score sat, nearly incomprehensible series of effects that our actions can have in this world of unprecedented interconnectedness. In many ways these things are not new. People have always sought the world, have always explored. The Ancient Greek philosopher Diogenes declared, “I am a citizen of the world,” and sought with other cosmopolitans to analytical dangerous minds, discern ethical actions for a citizen conscious of what lay beyond the walls, conscious – to do this is still an thesis statement for revenge intellectual problem and paradox for us today – of the unknown, unexplored, or misunderstood. Minds! Gandhi advocated for a new social-economic-religious order based on the unity of film analysis essay, humanity and the opportunity to be of service. Various traditions speak of minds, right, wrong, fairness, and justice. Today we have the opportunity to see the overlap and differences among these paths. And our communication technologies give us the essay, knowledge that – by analytical minds nearly any of the measures – justice would involve a radical departure from the world as we know it. This is our position, inspired by the human impulse to connect and to serve, informed by our actions and testing our ethics in the context of a continuous and dizzying flow of information that at once liberates from stock thinking and plunges into uncertainty. Not one, two, three, or four ways of knowing but countless.

Aware of the unintended impacts of past efforts to improve societies—cultures undone by the insertion of Christianity, millions killed in essay contest win home, the name of proletarian revolution, warfare and genocide perpetrated due to conjured ethnic identities and the employment of religious or national identity for enhanced senses of belonging – we still wish to build a better world. We know we must therefore do so humbly, through humble service and essay a humble approach to memento film analysis essay, knowledge. This is where the impulse and analytical minds action returns to us as ideas. Ideas we may receive from and papers on antimicrobial develop with others, share, reject and dangerous reformulate based on our core concern of valuing all human life equally, and living a life that reflects that equal value . This is the fundamental uniting concept—some call it global citizenship, others say it is simply becoming more human. The duty is clear. Do You Sat! We must continuously return to the question: Do our actions, efforts, and minds outlooks reflect concern for each human being’s individual dignity? This is powerful and persuasive on its own – or so it should be, but many people are inspired to access and to live through this reality based on their understanding of Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Islam, and many other less popular understandings of the divine, the unknowable. It is that serious.

It is about how we understand the miracles around us, the complexity of the thesis statement for revenge in hamlet, world, the essay, human experience and purpose. For many, a secular reconciliation of races will never ring as truly or strongly as Martin Luther King’s vision of the peaceable kingdom he shared the night before his assassination, “mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the research papers on antimicrobial activity, Lord!”. But we do not know if King’s Peaceable Kingdom is truer than Pope Benedict’s understanding of essay dangerous minds, Love, nor whether we must understand Abraham in the context of Christian, Islamic, or Jewish teachings. We know only that many teachings have understood the supremacy of research on antimicrobial activity of plants, Love. In villages around the world, without phones and without human rights traditions as articulated by analytical essay minds the United Nations, human life matters.

And even our best secular articulations of the need for film analysis, justice, fairness, equity, and basic rights can’t get started without an initial assumption of the worth of human life. We therefore may hold to this as a fundamental truth, while we embrace the humility that allows us to value and appreciate the many different – sometimes the strangeness astounds even the most culturally sensitive—paths to achieving this final outcome: valuing human life, helping more than hurting. That is how we become more human. That is analytical dangerous minds how we build a better world. This humility means not only essay that we must be willing and able to dangerous minds, distance ourselves from our cultural backgrounds and win home assumptions about essay minds ways of being and knowing, but also that we must recognize the need to be profoundly humble in terms of our ability to even know. Gustavo Esteva and Madhu Suri Prakash (1997) have warned us of the inherent folly in memento analysis essay, ‘global thinking.’ There is dangerous arrogance, they argue, in pretending to God-like powers of cognition and analysis in seneca promotes lyric essay, ostensible service of a global society, the contours of which we are fundamentally incapable of truly comprehending. They position themselves with Gandhi, Illich, Wendell Berry (1992) and others in arguing for the wisdom of thinking little.

Small and sustainable is still the experience of a large portion of the communities and economies in the world. To live locally without harming others through distant economic transactions or creating excessive pollutants may be a more ethical global citizenship than has been exhibited in the past by the architects of “great changes for the better.” Belgium colonists’ efforts to civilize Hutus and Tutsis, Maoist reforms, the effects of Manifest Destiny on Native Americans, and various versions of conversion at the end of dangerous minds, a gun are among the seneca review promotes lyric essay, most widely known disasters of doing good, but many effects are much more subtle. People in essay dangerous, the Sacred Valley of Peru are currently battling non-native and invasive eucalyptus trees that the Peace Corps planted in activity, the 1960s. Throughout the development era, many developing countries have become net importers of food (Escobar 1994); their citizens are less able to choose to live local, sustainable lifestyles. Analytical Essay Dangerous Minds! Doing good gone bad is not merely a phenomenon in developing countries; nearly every major US city has a strong example of a neighborhood or set of neighborhoods marginalized and destroyed due to papers activity, reckless, top-down urban planning (Jacobs 1961). Analytical Minds! Change has costs and benefits. Humility means being very (extraordinarily!) careful. And this is our position, to be conscious of these objections, warnings, and concerns, to be aware of different ways of being and knowing, and to research papers on antimicrobial, choose the analytical dangerous minds, most ethical path we can, based upon custom admission to harvard, what lies behind us and before us, based not only on analytical essay, what is but also on essay win home, what is still possible. Essay Minds! Because for all the folly and research papers of plants error – make no mistake implicit in those terms is death and destruction—there has been substantial beauty and realization of possibility. Life expectancies have risen, more people have access to education, and more people have the opportunity to determine the direction of their own lives. Yet so many people—in the US and all over the world—still live short lives without breadth of opportunity.

That is it. We must realize the potential and possibility, the analytical essay minds, interrelated and essays to harvard overlapping ethical streams, the value of different ways of being and analytical minds knowing, the essay win home, profound skepticism we should give our own efforts, and the chance to bring people together peaceably, equitably, respectfully. To do so would revolutionize our current experience. The possibility is better felt and understood than painted precisely. Richard Falk (2002) writes of global citizen pilgrims working toward an as-yet-unimagined tomorrow. Our efforts must be rooted in the reality we have, but visionary in terms of imagining then creating a better tomorrow that more robustly recognizes all people equally. We are on the way. Different people will serve different ways. Analytical Essay Dangerous! As engineers developing sustainable buildings, as editors allowing pluralistic voices, as revolutionaries and pragmatists, as business people developing and admission to harvard succeeding with fair trade products, as teachers making sure peace, justice, and essay diverse cultures are part of the curriculum, as writers, philosophers, poets, and small, local, sustainable farmers, as people who value their children and families and care to admission essays to harvard, live in ethical communities.

We will work toward it. We will address specific problems. We will end global poverty. We will reconsider poverty. We will stop calling healthy sustainable farmers poor just because they live differently than many of analytical dangerous minds, us. We will recognize human flourishing in its many forms. We will be skeptical, but we will work and hope in service of the central ethic that all of our sisters and brothers must be recognized as such and valued equally. We will continue this work, creating, allowing, and engaging possibilities. We will make our own best efforts to help realize the rhythm recognized by the great Northern Irish poet Seamus Heaney: But then, once in a lifetime. Do You Add Essay Score Sat! The longed-for tidal wave.

Of justice can rise up, And hope and dangerous history rhyme. Berry, W. Memento! 1992. Sex, Economy, Freedom, and Community. New York: Pantheon Books. Escobar, A. 1994. Encountering Development: The Making and Unmaking of the Third. World. Princeton: Princeton University Press. Esteva, G. and Prakash, M.S. Analytical Essay Dangerous Minds! 1997.

From Global Thinking to Local Thinking. In. Activity! Rahnema, M. and Bawtree, V. eds. The Post-Development Reader . New York: Zed Books. Falk, R. 2002. “An Emergent Matrix of analytical essay, Citizenship: Complex, Uneven, and essay Fluid” in Dowers, N. and Williams, J. Global Citizenship: A Critical Introduction. New York: Routledge. Jacobs, J. 1961. The Death and analytical essay minds Life of seneca lyric, Great American Cities. New York: Random House. Dangerous! copyright 1995-2018, Community Works Institute (CWI) All rights reserved.

CWI a non-profit educational organization.

Buy Essay Papers Here -
Analysis of the Movie “Dangerous …

Cartels case studies legal cases. Read about cartel activities the ACCC has investigated. This case involved price fixing, bid rigging and market sharing by four foreign companies that supplied rubber hosing to transfer oil and gas from production and storage facilities to offshore tankers. The four companies involved (Dunlop Oil Marine, Bridgestone Corp., Trelleborg Industrie SAS and Parker ITR) each appointed members to analytical dangerous a committee that allocated jobs and coordinated bidding and quoting for memento analysis these jobs. The designated winner of the dangerous minds, contract was referred to as the ‘champion’ and the cartel used such codes and other covert tactics to conceal their activities. The cartel was international and the key meetings were held oversees, but the statement, successful court action was based on analytical essay dangerous, the cartel giving effect to their agreement in the Australian market, following global enforcement action taken by competition authorities in the USA, UK, Europe and Japan. In 2010 the Federal Court of Australia made orders restraining the parties from repeating such conduct and imposed penalties exceeding $8 million. In late 2000, the Commonwealth Department of Defence conducted a tender for seneca review promotes lyric demolition and minds asbestos removal at its Salisbury site in South Australia. Essay? The project was valued at analytical essay dangerous, over $2 million.

McMahon Services and SA Demolition and statement in hamlet Salvage, the two companies bidding for the job, along with the preferred asbestos removal subcontractor (DV Services) met to discuss the tender. Dangerous Minds? A manager from McMahons supplied the other demolition company with an inflated figure or ‘cover price’ to bid for the job, knowing that their bid was lower. McMahons consequently won the job and awarded the statement, asbestos removal subcontract to DV Services, as agreed at the meeting. An insider alerted the ACCC and in 2004 the Federal Court penalised the companies and dangerous several key individuals more than $535 000. The companies and individuals also provided undertakings to the Court not to repeat the conduct and agreed to attend compliance training. In a remote region of South Australia, a truck and tractor mechanic quoted on thesis statement for revenge in hamlet, the repair to a front end loader. The customer stated that they would seek a competitive quote.

As there was only one other operator in the region, the analytical minds, mechanic wrote a note on the quote inviting the other mechanic to analysis ‘cover’ him on this job (quote higher) and that he would return the favour in essay, the future. He asked his secretary to fax the quote to his competitor. The secretary made an error and essay faxed the note to the customer, who promptly informed the ACCC. The matter was settled by the mechanic giving court enforceable undertakings not to dangerous minds repeat the conduct, among other things. For about 10 years until 1997 most of the promotes lyric essay, companies in the fire alarm and fire sprinkler installation industry in Brisbane held regular meetings, at which they agreed to minds allow certain tenders to be won by particular competitors. Calling themselves the ‘Sprinkler Coffee Club’ and the ‘Alarms Coffee Club’, the groups would meet up over a cup of coffee at hotels, cafes, and various sporting and social clubs.

At these meetings they would share tenders and decide who was to submit ‘cover prices’ to make the tender process look legitimate, while ensuring the agreed company won the for revenge in hamlet, tender. It has been estimated that this conduct affected contracts worth more than $500 million. The Federal Court imposed more than $14 million in penalties on the companies and some of their executives. Queensland pre-mixed concrete cartel. The Pioneer, Boral and CSR cartel involved bid rigging, price fixing and market sharing in the pre-mixed concrete market in south-east Queensland from 1989 until 1994. The participants had more than 50 regular meetings and phone conversations. In addition to fixing prices, they agreed on market shares and not to compete on specified major projects. Market shares were maintained by the companies recognising certain customers (referred to as “pets”) as belonging to certain suppliers and dangerous agreeing not to in hamlet compete for their business. The participants even engaged an analytical essay, accountant to monitor market shares so they could enforce compliance with the agreement.

The arrangement led to considerable overcharging on major construction jobs, including federal, state and local government projects. Penalties of $6.6 million were imposed on each company. Penalties were also imposed on six executives, the maximum being $100 000. The case demonstrated a blatant disregard for the law, as each of the corporate groups had previously been found to have engaged in similar conduct. Heavy Construction Tenders and ‘Loser’s Fees’ The tender for the Commonwealth Office at essay contest, Haymarket, Sydney, in 1988 led to the exposure of long-term collusive practices by large construction firms.

Before the close of tender, the industry association, the Australian Federation of Construction Contractors, called a meeting of the four firms bidding for the contract. It was agreed that the winning firm should pay the three losers $750 000 each, and the AFCC $1 million. The project was worth around $200 million. The transactions were to be concealed by invoices for consultancy services. The arrangement was exposed by a New South Wales Royal Commission into the construction industry. The Federal Court issued penalties of essay minds, $1.75 million on the companies and individuals involved. It came out in the case that ‘loser’s fees’ were a common arrangement in the industry. The court found that there was an expectation (thus an agreement) that these fees were levied in addition to the contract price.

As such, they were an imposition on statement for revenge in hamlet, the developer, in this case the Commonwealth government, and therefore on the taxpayer. The major Australian suppliers and manufacturers of both power and distribution transformers were involved in price fixing, bid rigging and market allocation within domestic markets with a combined value of around $160 million per year. The customers affected by the cartel included some of the largest electricity transmission and distribution utilities across Australia, many of them publicly owned, resulting in Australian consumers paying higher electricity bills. A whistleblower alerted the ACCC to the cartel conduct. The cartel included the principal manufacturers and suppliers of transformers in Australia and analytical essay minds covered virtually 100% of the industry, including the ABB companies, Schneider Electric (Aust), Wilson Transformers, Alstom Australia and for revenge in hamlet AW Tyree. The collusion involved executives at the highest level, and dangerous featured secret meetings in do you sat, hotel rooms, airport lounges and essay private residences in various locations across Australia. These meetings rigged the outcomes of thesis for revenge in hamlet, multimillion dollar contracts, with at least 27 tenders being rigged between 1993 and analytical dangerous minds 1999. Some aspects of the cartel ran from 1989 to 1999. A 2004 study by the Australian National University concluded that the cartel extracted an extra $70 million to $80 million from its customers between 1994 and 1999. The Federal Court imposed penalties of more than $35 million on the participating companies and add essay sat some of their executives. The Court was particularly scathing about the fact that the arrangement was coordinated by senior executives, including managing directors.

Total penalties imposed on individual executives exceeded one million dollars, with the highest being $200 000. In 1995 a manager from Simsmetal, the largest scrap metal merchant in analytical, the southern hemisphere, attempted to coerce a South Australian competitor into a market sharing agreement. He proposed that the two companies would not compete for suppliers of foundry grade scrap steel. He then threatened to use Simsmetal’s considerable financial resources to ‘destroy’ the competitor’s business if he didn’t agree, and to ‘look after’ him if he complied. The smaller operator secretly recorded the demands at the second meeting. The Federal Court took a dim view of the matter, particularly since it was less than a year after Simsmetal were penalised for custom to harvard similar conduct in Victoria.

The Court made an essay minds, order restraining the custom admission essays, company from repeating the conduct, applied a penalty of $2 million and awarded $100 000 towards the ACCC’s costs. This case involved TNT Australia, Ansett Industries and Mayne Nickless. In five significant meetings between 1987 and 1990, attended by representatives of each of the essay, companies, a series of agreements were reached to allocate customers and share the market. The conduct included agreements between the companies not to poach each other’s customers. When customers moved from one provider to another, the companies balanced their accounts of customers lost and seneca review promotes gained, and paid or received compensation. The companies also agreed to ‘burn’ switching customers by deliberately providing poor service in order to compel customers to return to a supplier with which they might have been dissatisfied. In one instance a customer’s perishable freight was intentionally delayed and eventually kept at the back of the freight facility and not sent, to analytical essay dangerous minds drive them back to memento film analysis essay their previous freight supplier, who in turn charged higher prices when the analytical essay minds, customer returned to them.

Each of the companies acted on these agreements on many occasions. The practices were believed to have been in place for 20 years. In 1995, fines of $11 million were imposed. Joyce Corporation, Foamlite Australia and Vita Pacific all manufactured and supplied flexible polyurethane foam for mainly industrial use in do you add essay, the Queensland market. Several employees of the companies became friends and analytical dangerous attended regular luncheons together, where they eventually formed a series of custom to harvard, agreements to essay dangerous minds maintain market shares and to refrain from competing for various customers.

The lunch meetings and phone calls between these employees enabled the operation of the cartel. The purpose of the contacts and the agreements reached were kept secret from the companies’ senior management. It was complaints of breaches of the cartel agreement that eventually brought the cartel to do you add essay light. In 1998/99 the companies and essay minds some of the employees were fined a total of $2.9 million with an additional $150 000 levied for contest win home the ACCC’s costs. This case clearly demonstrates that companies are liable for analytical essay dangerous minds the conduct of employees and senior managers need to ensure that all staff act lawfully.

Tasmanian Atlantic salmon growers. In 2002 the review lyric, Tasmanian Atlantic salmon industry was in financial difficulty and decided that supply was outstripping demand. The industry association, the Tasmanian Atlantic Salmon Growers Association (TSGA), decided that if all members culled stocks by around 10 per cent, this would meet demand and avoid further price falls. It sought legal advice but did not correctly brief its lawyers. The advice that the cull would not breach competition laws was consequently flawed. After a meeting of growers approved the plan, agreements were circulated. One member, Tassal, subsequently culled its stocks. The ACCC investigated and the cull was stopped.

Due to the parlous state of the industry and the fact that legal advice had been sought and cooperation shown, the analytical, ACCC chose not to pursue penalties. It instead obtained court orders that the industry establish a trade practice compliance training program and custom admission essays stop any future culls. In June 2006, competition authorities simultaneously raided airline offices in dangerous minds, the United States and Europe, in order to investigate claims that many major airlines had colluded in the setting of their fuel and security surcharges. German carrier Lufthansa informed the thesis, authorities of the illegal agreements and were granted immunity from prosecution. Internationally, penalties imposed by competition authorities have exceeded one and a half billion US dollars and several airline executives have faced jail terms. In addition, several airlines have faced class actions and have had to compensate customers measuring hundreds of millions of dollars. In Australia, the dangerous minds, ACCC has pursued 15 local, European and Asian based airlines for price fixing in the Australian air cargo market.

The Federal Court has imposed $58 million in penalties to date including a $20 million penalty against for revenge, Qantas, $5 million against British Airways and analytical dangerous $5.5 million against each of Japan Airlines and Korean Airlines. Essay? Each penalty was reduced depending on the level of co-operation provided to the ACCC with Qantas receiving the largest discount of 50%. Qantas has also paid several overseas penalties and a senior executive was jailed for 6 months in the United States of America. Legal proceedings against other airlines are continuing. Queensland Construction Cover Pricing. Between 2004 and 2007, three construction companies (TF Woollam Son, JM Kelly and Carmichael Builders) engaged in cover pricing when bidding on analytical essay, four government projects. The companies also misled their clients by signing statements that they had not colluded with their competitors during the bidding process. Cover pricing is a practice which has developed within the building industry, both in Australia and research papers abroad.

It was alleged by the ACCC to have been used in situations where a construction company may not have the time, resources or inclination to essay minds prepare an accurate tender, but still wants to be seen as tendering for that project. In this instance, cover pricing involved discussions between two potential suppliers (builders) in film analysis, a tender process. Company A does not want to win the contract for reasons identified above and so asks company B (who intends to make a genuine tender) to analytical dangerous minds provide them with a ‘cover price’. Both companies understand that this ‘cover price’ will be higher than company B’s tender price. Once the cover price has been received from company B, company A (should it choose to tender) then submits its tender to the client at a price which is at or above the cover price. This gives the do you add essay sat, client the impression that both companies are tendering competitively, but the exchange of the cover price actually ensures that company A's tender price is higher than that of company B and therefore makes it unlikely that company A will be the analytical minds, successful tenderer. In 2011 the Federal Court described this cover pricing as ‘illegal price controlling conduct’ and the making of the false statements as ‘a betrayal of trust’. The three companies were penalised a total of $1.3 million and custom two key individuals received penalties totalling $80 000. Between 2000 and 2004, several international companies that supplied paper products formed a cartel known as the AAA club. The secret meetings of dangerous, this ‘club’ were held in south-east Asian countries, particularly those that had no anti-trust (cartel) laws at essay contest win home, the time. The participants made price fixing agreements for the supply of copy and other papers into various markets including Australia.

In 2010 and 2011, several of those companies were penalised more than $8 million by analytical minds the Federal Court of Australia. The Court also made injunctions restraining the companies from repeating their conduct, and ordered them to pay $550 000 towards the ACCC’s legal costs. Do You Add Essay Sat? Despite the analytical dangerous, agreements being made outside of the country, Australian laws were breached because the seneca promotes, illegal deal was put into essay, effect in the Australian market and harmed local consumers. Between them, Visy and Amcor controlled around 90 per cent of the contest, corrugated fibre packaging market (the humble cardboard carton), which was worth some $1.8 billion to $2 billion per year. From 2000 to dangerous minds 2004, the two companies conspired to raise the prices of their products while maintaining their respective market shares. Both companies nominated executives to consult on and coordinate price rises and collude when negotiating quotes for customers. Sat? These executives met regularly and secretly in public places such as hotels and parks, and also communicated using public phones and special prepaid mobiles. When larger customers wished to essay renegotiate contracts, the research of plants, two companies swapped information to ensure that the competitor’s quote was higher than the existing price structure (this practice is analytical, known as cover pricing). The scheme was discovered only seneca promotes lyric essay, when Amcor management reported to the ACCC and Amcor was granted immunity from prosecution.

Visy eventually admitted its role in the cartel. It was fined $36 million by the Federal Court, and fines to individuals totalled $2 million. Thousands of firms (and ultimately millions of consumers) were significantly overcharged by the cartel. The Federal Court ordered Visy and Amcor to pay $95 million in damages to a customer class action involving more than 4500 businesses. This is what one of our Federal Court judges, Mr Justice Heerey said in November 2007, when he issued his judgement on this well-known Visy cartel case: The law, and the way it is enforced, should convey to those disposed to analytical dangerous engage in cartel behaviour that the consequences of discovery are likely to outweigh the do you add essay sat, benefits, and by dangerous a large margin. Every day every man, woman and essay contest child in Australia would use or consume something that at some stage has been transported in a cardboard box. The cartel in this case therefore had the potential for essay the widest possible effect. The whole point of price fixing and market sharing is to obtain the benefit of prices greater than those which would be obtained in essay win home, a competitive market. The cartel here went on for almost five years. Had it not been accidentally exposed, it would probably still be flourishing.

It was run from the highest level in Visy, a very substantial company. It was carefully and deliberately concealed. It was operated by analytical essay men who were fully aware of for revenge in hamlet, its seriously unlawful nature. Three Australian suppliers of animal vitamins held meetings and telephone conversations during which they agreed on analytical dangerous, the prices they would charge for certain vitamins. They were the Australian subsidiaries of large foreign companies that had also entered into price fixing and custom market allocation agreements overseas. The Federal Court imposed penalties of $26 million against the Australian suppliers. Several companies, including Tubemakers of Australia Ltd, supplied plastic pipes for water and sewerage systems and various fittings and valves for ductile iron cement lined pipes. These products were used, among other things to connect to new housing developments. Analytical Minds? Officers of the companies met in a Coolangatta restaurant and agreed to thesis for revenge raise prices, limit discounts, rig tenders and to analytical avoid competing for each other’s customers. They subsequently met at cafes and restaurants and contacted each other by phone.

One of the participants maintained computer software designed to detect any sales that deviated from the statement for revenge in hamlet, agreement so the deal could be enforced. In 1999 and essay minds 2000 the Federal Court imposed penalties of $2.85 million and ordered that $1.23 million be reimbursed to affected customers – mostly local councils. The court also ordered compliance programs for the smaller companies and an updated program for Tubemakers. Of note was the fact that a senior sales manager for Tubemakers acted without the statement for revenge in hamlet, knowledge or approval of the company’s other senior managers and directors. The Managing Director of a major car rental company rang his regional manager in Alice Springs and analytical essay directed him to contact local competitors and do you add essay score propose that they all cease to discount car rentals during the off-peak tourist season. Covert meetings were held at essay dangerous minds, a restaurant, the golf course and at other social functions and the local competitors all agreed to the scheme. It has been estimated that consumers paid an average of $300 extra per rental while the agreement was in essay, place. Analytical Essay? In 1998 the companies and some of the individuals involved were penalised a total of $1.54 million.

ACCC v CC Constructions and others (1999) The tender for the Commonwealth Office at Haymarket, Sydney, in 1988 led to the exposure of long-term collusive practices by large construction firms. Before the close of tender the industry association, the Australian Federation of Construction Contractors (AFCC), called a meeting of the four firms bidding for the contract. It was agreed that to enable recovery of essay, overheads associated with preparing tenders the winning firm should pay the three losers $750 000 each, and the AFCC $1 million. The project was worth around $200 million. The transactions were to be concealed by essay invoices for consultancy services. The arrangement was difficult to seneca review promotes lyric detect because it added fixed price components to the final tender prices, which were otherwise prepared in competition with each other. The competitive positions of each of analytical minds, these companies were not disturbed.

The arrangement was exposed by a New South Wales Royal Commission into the construction industry. Activity Of Plants? The Federal Court issued penalties of $1.75 million on the companies and individuals involved. It came out in the case that ‘loser’s fees’ were a common arrangement in the industry. The court found that there was an analytical minds, expectation (thus an agreement) that these fees were levied in addition to the contract price. As such, they were an admission, imposition on the developer, in this case the Commonwealth government, and therefore on the taxpayer. ACCC v Tasmanian Salmon Growers Association (TSGA) and others (2003) When the TSGA proposed that its members cull stocks to analytical essay dangerous reduce supply, it sought legal advice as to whether the scheme would breach the then Trade Practices Act.

However, it did not correctly or completely brief its lawyers. Essay Contest Win Home? The advice it received was based on an understanding that the cull was merely a recommendation to members, whereas the TSGA intended to analytical minds seek written undertakings from its members to ensure that all complied with the papers on antimicrobial activity of plants, cull. Essay? Consequently the custom admission to harvard, advice was flawed. The ACCC and the Federal Court took this into account, along with the cooperation shown by the parties. No penalties were sought but the court ordered that no future culls be attempted, and that trade practices training be undertaken and compliance programs established.

The TSGA and Tassal, the one company that had begun the cull, were ordered to analytical essay minds contribute to the ACCC’s costs.

Write My Research Paper -
Analytical essay dangerous minds - …

How This Simple Resume Model and Career Portfolio Example Landed a Dream Job. Need a resume makeover? See the before and after of a resume transformation. Use this powerfully simple resume model and career portfolio as your guide. The days of slapping together a resume and analytical essay dangerous, getting results long gone. The days of just having a resume are pretty much over for revenge, as well. Meet Ken Cordova.

As he finished his master’s degree, he wanted to analytical put himself out seneca promotes there to explore new career opportunities. Analytical Minds? His problem? His resume. Here’s his resume before: Here’s his powerfully simple resume after: Ken went through a resume transformation.

He developed a simple resume and career portfolio to land his dream job. I’ll walk you though how you can do the same. Ken supplemented his resume with a great career portfolio. Contest Win Home? It took some time and effort, but it quickly paid off as he soon landed a dream job. In fact, he turned down interviews at one point. I’ll walk you through what Ken did to build this simple resume model and career portfolio example. As I always say, simple is hard.

I’ll keep it as easy as possible for you and analytical dangerous minds, show you how to replicate these as well as the tools he used. Even if you aren’t in the job market, I still recommend you keep your resume updated and build a career portfolio. Win Home? At some point, you’ll likely need both. Don’t wait until that time to start frantically building them. Components of a Powerfully Simple Resume Model. Recruiters and essay dangerous, hiring managers are scan readers. Essay Contest? They need to check a ton of analytical essay minds, resumes in a short time so they skim most of them. If something catches their attention, they’ll actually read the resume, which drastically increases your chances of a first interview.

The resume content and keywords are important but scannability is critical. If you can’t get a hiring manager’s attention, great content gets you nowhere. The importance of content comes to seneca review essay play after you’ve caught their attention. So what do you do? Rethink your resume design by understanding how people initially scan a web page. Without knowing the science of how people read web content, which version of essay, Ken’s resume would you be more likely to read? Remember, you have hundreds of resumes to go through in a short period. What makes a simple resume powerful?

How easy it is to visually scan. Not only is the new, simple resume more visually appealing, it’s also easier to scan. Here’s the science behind it. Content is organized in an ‘F’ formation. Although it might sound odd to design a simple resume as a web page, hiring managers use the same approach as people use to scan a website. According to a Nielson Group study, people quickly scan web content in an F-shape pattern. Custom Admission Essays To Harvard? After the essay scan, they decide if they commit to reading the content in more detail. Now doesn’t this sound like the typical hiring manager approach I just described? Hiring managers scan content like users scan content on a web page before deciding to commit.

Ken’s more simple resume makes it easy to contest scan the content. The GIF image below simulates for dangerous minds you a hiring manager quickly flipping through resumes. Click on it to activate it. Click on the image to activate an animation that simulates a hiring manager quickly flipping through resumes. Which one would make you stop? Visually, which one is most appealing and custom, stands out most? Ken’s simple resume is easy to scan. As you design your resume, make it easy to scan. Ken’s resume is analytical, easy to scan and digest the research on antimicrobial content.

Given the ‘F’ pattern, here is how a typical person scan’s his resume: This resume model is easy to scan which makes a commitment to reading more likely. The first scan is likely to go from left-to-right. His picture is at the end, which catches attention and essay dangerous, continues the scan. You might try putting a headline with this first scan as well. Do You Sat? Keep this section as simple as possible as to analytical minds not overwhelm the reader. Scan 2 and admission essays, 3 can go either way. Likely, there is a slight scan down to the left and then off to the right. Analytical Essay Minds? That second scan catches keywords such as:

If you were hiring someone for thesis a leadership position, wouldn’t you want to keep reading after quickly scanning those words? He made great use of not only the keywords but the placement of them based on how people scan a resume. Depending on where scan 2 started, the third scan is analytical essay, slower (especially based on the resume keywords and placement). This is where commitment to finish reading his resume happens. Visually organized resume content. Ken’s more simple resume is visually organized. This makes the content easier to read and digest. Once the scanning stops, the reader has to decide if it is going to seneca promotes be ‘easy to minds read.’ This resume model is organized into three sections.

Much like a website header, this resume header gives a visual sign of order and a quick overview. The picture is a powerful way for someone to put a person to for revenge the page. Ken’s resume model makes effective use of a sidebar that is visually separated by the background color. The information has great keywords and summary information for anyone scanning this content. He further separates the content into sections with headers. Easy to scan and easy to digest. Ken separates the main content with a white background. He further organizes content with separators. Although there is plenty of content here, it appears brief and easy to read thanks to the visual organization.

Ken uses the action-result formula for his resume structure instead of simply listing tasks. He quickly tells a story of the value he brings to analytical essay dangerous the business. Tools resources to seneca review promotes build this simple resume. For developing content, keywords and organizing this resume model, Ken used a collection of resume strategies I developed. He also didn’t rush it. He took his time and went through each part thoroughly. As a part of the toolkit, Ken discovered hundreds of templates at Canva. He used a combination of the pre-designed templates. The service and templates are free. I also have a list of other free templates in analytical dangerous a resume development toolkit chapter on resume design and customization.

I list lots of statement for revenge, options there! So the question that many of you are probably asking is: How did he fit 20+ years of experience on essay dangerous, a one-page resume? He didn’t and you don’t need to thesis either. Pick the most recent and relevant experience based on essay minds, your position targets. Ken made fantastic use of a supplemental professional career portfolio. Here’s how he did it and why you should do it too. Career and score, Professional Portfolio Example. With the analytical latest trends in talent acquisition moving to digital, people want to know you before they meet you. The first thing people will do is Google you.

Make sure they immediately find the right information. A career portfolio is a digital display of your professional experience and contest, accomplishments. Professional portfolios range in length from a single page to a thousand-page website that includes case studies, references and visual galleries (especially for photographers). Most people hear ‘website’ and think ‘I. It’s not difficult. I’ll show you a simple way of essay minds, creating a simple but powerful career portfolio. Why is a career portfolio important when looking for work? When someone types your name into a search bar, the add essay sat displayed results are called SERP (Search Engine Result Page). The more authoritative web properties associated with your name, the more information displayed in analytical your SERP. Here is the SERP for lyric essay Kris Fannin as an example: A career and professional portfolio will increase your exposure, authority, and SERP when people search for you.

Why does your SERP matter? Because I guarantee people will search for you while looking for work. A career portfolio helps them find what they want and learn more about you as a person and a professional. Additionally, a professional portfolio provides you exposure even when you aren’t looking for a job. It brings opportunities to you and not you chasing opportunities down in a reactive way. Career portfolios are not just a copy and paste of your resume, although they should contain your resume.

Ken did an excellent job of developing a simple yet powerful portfolio together. He used the Wix platform for building and analytical essay dangerous minds, hosting his site. Statement For Revenge In Hamlet? The current version of analytical essay minds, Ken’s portfolio can be found here. He had never built a website before, although you wouldn’t know that looking at it. At the end of this section, I’ll give you some other options to build yours. Let’s walk through the sections and memento analysis, content so you can use a similar format. Career portfolio ‘Home’ and introduction page. Use this section to give a brief introduction and catch their attention.

Be professional and analytical dangerous minds, personable. A career portfolio is a perfect complement to a scannable, simple resume. Just under the introduction, Ken provides a CTA (Call to seneca review promotes Action) to learn more about him. Include a simple contact form and link to your active social profiles as well. Career portfolio ‘About Me’ – be human. This is an area to let people know the analytical essay value you bring as a professional. Notice – and this is thesis statement for revenge, very important – Ken did NOT just copy and paste the content of his resume.

He gives a short overview of his career, what he’s looking for and personal traits that make him successful. He has another CTA that invites the analytical essay minds user to explore his resume. He includes some personal information below, which I highly recommend. Why? Hiring managers are looking for an organizational culture fit. They want to analysis essay know more than your skills and experience. They want to minds know you as a person. This is thesis for revenge, also an opportunity to connect with a potential employer as a human – not just a resume.

Seriously? How could you NOT start to like Ken after seeing and reading this? Make sure your career portfolio includes some personal content. It helps to connect with the person reading it and makes you an actual human. Career portfolio ‘Resume’ and ‘Skills’ sections. Ken broke these into two different pages, and there is a reason. First, he has a page with his resume content. Analytical Essay? Notice, it is score sat, not exactly the same as his actual resume which is key. Analytical Dangerous Minds? Be slightly more descriptive. He also added a video background to custom admission essays to harvard the header of the page. Because this content can be more ‘dry,’ this is a great strategy to analytical dangerous minds engage a user immediately.

He then takes it a step further by adding a ‘Skills’ page. Why did he separate the two? Because he made it conversational. Custom? It has great wording and visuals and dangerous, further builds his ‘case’ to a potential employer. Make your career portfolio conversational and appealing. Statement? Ken added a separate ‘Skills’ page to his portfolio which further engages a potential employer and builds his case. Career portfolio ‘Education’ and ‘Contact’ sections. Although rather straightforward, these are important sections for a professional portfolio. You might be tempted to analytical essay dangerous minds put them on statement for revenge in hamlet, one page, but I recommend you separate them.

Separate sections allow you to go into more detail. Additional sections to consider for your career portfolio. Although not included in Ken’s, some extra content and analytical minds, sections to consider adding to your portfolio include: Video or a video introduction . What better way for someone to ‘get to add essay know you’ than a video introduction? If you decide to include one, I would put it on the first page. These aren’t difficult to essay minds make. Just dress professionally and fire up your webcam. Custom Admission Essays To Harvard? FAQ section . Dangerous Minds? What questions do potential employers ask you?

What are some unusual questions you’ve been asked in an interview that you are confident you answered well? Include them in an FAQ section! You could also answer each question on video. Take a look at Intelivate’s FAQ section for ideas on how to organize them. Alternatives to in hamlet a dedicated website. If you don’t want to build a dedicated site, here are a couple of great alternatives. Essay? All three have free and contest win home, premium products.

You have just about everything you need to build a great, simple resume and career portfolio. Analytical Dangerous Minds? I know it can be overwhelming, so take it one step at a time. Bookmark this and come back to thesis statement for revenge in hamlet it as you start each part. Remember, even if you aren’t in the job market, please do both of these proactively now before you ‘need’ them later. At the least, you’ll open the door to new opportunities. I know I gave you a lot of information here.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to let me know over on Twitter or Facebook. I’d love to essay dangerous connect as well! Don’t forget to subscribe above to get more business and custom, career insights delivered directly to you. Related solutions to help you with your resume and career portfolio. Virtual Jobs #038; Your Home Office: 21 Tips for Success and Sanity. Process Documentation – Protecting the Lifeline of Your Business Operations.

Are Leaders Born or Made? Why You Need to Know. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, Intelivate’s B2B consulting services, employee training programs, career solutions and analytical minds, digital marketing services build the memento analysis business, team, and career of your dreams. Whichever solution is analytical essay minds, right for you, working with us, you won’t get a linear or a flat approach but, instead, a three-dimensional strategy that addresses the core of contest, your challenge.